Comprehensive Vision Exam ($10 Copay; Once every 12 months)
Receive a comprehensive eye examination from a state-licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist.
Materials ($25.00 Copay)
The materials copay is a single payment that applies to the entire purchase of eyeglasses (lenses and frames), or contacts in lieu of eyeglasses.
Pair of Lenses for Eyeglasses (Once every 12 moths)
- One pair of standard single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal, or standard lenticular lenses are covered-in-full.
- Standard scratch-resistant coating, polycarbonate lenses and basic progressive lenses are covered-in-full.
- Lens options-options such as tints, UV, and anti-reflective coating may be available at a discount.
Frames (Once every 24 moths)
- Receive a $50.00 wholesale frame allowance (approximate retail value of $120 to $150) at private practice providers, or a $125 frame allowance at retail chain providers.
Contact Lenses in lieu of Eyeglasses (Once every 12 months)
- Covered-in-full elective contact lenses
o The fitting/evaluation fees, contacts (including disposables), and up to two follow-up visits are covered-in-full (after applicable copay) for many of the most popular brand on the market. If covered disposable contact lenses are chosen, up to 8 boxes (depending on prescription) are included when obtained from a network provider. It is important to note that Superior Vision's covered-in-full contact lenses may vary by provider.
- All other elective contacts
o Toric, gas permeable and bifocal contacts are all examples of contacts that are outside of our covered-in-full selection.
- Necessary contact lenses*
o Covered-in-full (after applicable copay)
Refractive Surgery Discounts- Superior Vision Services has a nationwide network of refractive surgeons. These providers offer Superior Vision Plan members a discounted rate off the usual and customary prices for LASIK surgery. These discounts vary depending on the provider but are the best possible discounts available to Superior Vision. For additional information please call 1-800-507-3800.
Employee Monthly Premiums
Employee Only $7.38
Employee & Child(ren) $14.34
Employee & Spouse $14.62
Employee & Family $21.78
*Necessary contact lenses are determined at the provider’s discretion for one or more of the following conditions: Following post cataract surgery without intraocular lens implant; To correct extreme vision problems that cannot be corrected with spectacle lenses; With certain conditions of anisometropia; With certain conditions of keratoconus. If your provider considers your contacts necessary, you should ask your provider to contact Superior Vision concerning the reimbursement that Superior Vision will make before you purchase such contacts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do find out what providers accept Superior Vision?
o Click on link to find a provider www.superiorvision.com
o Contact Risk Management at (979) 209-5055
- What information is needed when scheduling an appointment?
o No ID card is necessary
o Employee’s Social Security Number
o Date of birth of individual scheduling appointment