Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Deadline extended for Mayor's Downtown Impact Award
UPDATE – The deadline for nominations has been extended until Friday, December 3rd for the 2010 Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award. Please go to www.bryantx.gov to submit your nomination.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 11th annual Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award, which honors an extraordinary effort by an individual, organization or business to revitalize Historic Downtown Bryan.
The award is sponsored by The Bank and Trust of Bryan, which donates $500 to the Boys and Girls Club of Brazos Valley in the name of the award winner. Mayor Jason Bienski will identify the winner at the annual Bryan Citizen Volunteer Reception held at 5 p.m. December 16 at the Brazos Center.
Nomination forms may be submitted online at www.bryantx.gov.
Past recipients of the Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award:
• 2009 – Kristy Petty, of The Village Café and Art 979, and Ray Jezisek, of the Brazos Valley Decorative Center
• 2008 – Shawn Andaya-Pulliam and the Children’s Museum of Brazos Valley; Peter and Tara Madden
• 2007 – Cindy Peaslee and Papa Perez
• 2006 – Russell Bradley and Greta Watkins
• 2005 – John Hendry
• 2004 – Zane Anderson and Michael Schaefer
• 2003 – John Clanton and W.J. Bryan Partnership, LP
• 2002 – Caffe’ Capri and Rami Cerone
• 2001 – Earth Art; Eric and Hazel Todd; Mrs. Edward (Pat) Hiler
• 2000 – Old Bryan Marketplace and Kay Conlee
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan