Monday, February 07, 2011
Filing for City of Bryan Council election begins February 14
Filing for the City of Bryan City Council election begins Monday, February 14 and ends Monday, March 14 at 5 p.m.
Councilmember Single Member District Three and Councilmember Single Member District Four are up for election in 2011 for full three-year terms.
In order to be a candidate for either of the two spots, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be a registered voter of the political subdivision at the time of the filing;
- Not hold any other office of emolument;
- Not have a financial interest in any contract, job, work or service of or to the City;
- Have resided continuously in the single member district for six months preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot;
- Have resided continuously in Texas for one year;
- Not been finally convicted of a felony for which the person has not been pardoned;
- Not declared mentally incapacitated by a court exercising probate jurisdiction;
A councilmember elected from a single member district must maintain residency in that district for the duration of the term of office.
Incumbents for the two positions, Chuck Konderla in SMD 3, and Ann Horton in SMD 4, have both filed designations of campaign treasurers indicating they plan to seek re-election.
Candidate packets are available in the City Secretary’s Office at the Bryan Municipal Office Building. For more information, contact Bryan’s City Secretary, Mary Lynne Stratta.
Additional Contact Information
Mary Lynne Stratta
Bryan City Secretary
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan