Thursday, November 10, 2011
You’re invited to Lights On! In Downtown Bryan
The City of Bryan invites you to the 4th annual Lights On! holiday celebration in Downtown Bryan on Friday, November 18.
The event kicks off at 6:30 p.m. at Gloria Stephan Sale Park, with holiday performances by the Bryan High School Chorale and the Brazos Valley Troupe. Bryan Mayor Jason Bienski and special guest emcees will also take to the stage to announce the Downtown lighting and the tree lighting in Sale Park.
The Downtown lighting is generously sponsored by the Bryan Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Crews & Associates, and Stylecraft Builders, Inc. Audio equipment and services for the Sale Park portion of the evening will be provided by RDM Audio.
Cookies and hot cider will be available at Sale Park during the event. The cookies will be provided by The Woman’s Club of Bryan-College Station and City of Bryan employees.
Following the lighting ceremony, guests are invited to head down to the Palace Theater to see Santa Claus and watch Shrek the Halls, followed by It’s a Wonderful Life. The movies, which are sponsored by Bryan Coca-Cola, are scheduled to start around 7:45 p.m.
The winner of the Downtown holiday window decorating contest will also be announced during the Lights On! event.
Other attractions scheduled to appear at the 2011 Lights On! event include:
- Caroling by Girl Scout troops and the St. Michael’s Episcopal School Choir
- A barbershop quartet group
- Model A’s and Model T’s on display
- Bryan Fire Department’s new ladder truck will be on display
- A “Letters to Santa” mailbox
- “Trim a Tree” display at the MSC Forsyth Center Galleries
- A Salvation Army angel tree on display at the Downtown Visitors Center
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan