Thursday, November 10, 2011
Nominations now being accepted for Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the 12th annual Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award, which honors an extraordinary effort by an individual, organization or business to revitalize Historic Downtown Bryan.
The award is sponsored by Tim Bryan and The Bank and Trust of Bryan, which donates $500 to the Boys and Girls Club of Brazos Valley in the name of the award winner. Mayor Jason Bienski will announce the winner at the annual Bryan Citizen Volunteer Reception held at 5:00 p.m. December 15 at the Brazos Center.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, December 2.
Nomination forms may be submitted online here.
Past recipients of the Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award:
· 2010 – Casa Rodriguez Mexican Restaurant, and AgniTEK Technology Solutions; Cody Marx Bailey was the Willie Bennett Spirit of Downtown Award winner
· 2009 – Kristy Petty, of The Village Café and Art 979, and Ray Jezisek, of the Brazos Valley Decorative Center
· 2008 – Shawn Andaya-Pulliam and the Children’s Museum of Brazos Valley; Peter and Tara Madden
· 2007 – Cindy Peaslee and Papa Perez
· 2006 – Russell Bradley and Greta Watkins
· 2005 – John Hendry
· 2004 – Zane Anderson and Michael Schaefer
· 2003 – John Clanton and W.J. Bryan Partnership, LP
· 2002 – Caffe’ Capri and Rami Cerone
· 2001 – Earth Art; Eric and Hazel Todd; Mrs. Edward (Pat) Hiler
· 2000 – Old Bryan Marketplace and Kay Conlee
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan