Friday, December 09, 2011
Bryan road closures for Sundays BCS Marathon/Half-Marathon
On Sunday, December 11, several Bryan roadways will be affected during the running of the first annual BCS Marathon and Half-Marathon. The full and partial lane closures will begin at 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning and reopen throughout the day as the more than 1,500 runners progress on the route.
Below are the Bryan road and lane closures:
- E. 29th Street Closed to southbound traffic, from Carter Creek Parkway to Autumn Circle in College Station
- Carter Creek Parkway Closed to southbound traffic, from Coulter Drive to E. 29th Street
- Tanglewood Drive Closed to eastbound traffic, from Inwood/Garden Acres to Carter Creek Pkwy
- Garden Acres Blvd Closed to eastbound traffic, from Edgewood Drive Tanglewood Drive
- Garden Acres Blvd South Leg Closed to both directions, from Texas Avenue to Edgewood Drive
- E. Brookside Drive Closed to eastbound traffic, from S. College Avenue to Texas Avenue
- W. Brookside Drive Closed to eastbound traffic, from Old College Road to S. College Avenue
- Old College Rd Lane shift for eastbound traffic, from Wellborn Rd to W. Brookside Dr
- Wellborn Rd Closed to northbound traffic, from College Station city limits to Old College Rd
- S. Coulter Dr Lane shift for eastbound traffic, from S. College Ave to Carter Creek Pkwy
- S. College Ave Lane shift for southbound traffic, from S. Coulter to W Villa Maria Rd
- W Villa Maria Rd Closed to westbound traffic, from S. College Ave to FM 2818 and lane shift for eastbound traffic from Traditions Blvd to FM 2818
- Traditions Blvd Southbound traffic closed on the west side of the median. Northbound and southbound traffic will share the road on the east side of the median, from W. Villa Maria Rd to S. Traditions Dr
- S. Traditions Dr Lane shift for southbound traffic, from Traditions Blvd to HSC Pkwy
- HSC Pkwy Lane shift for eastbound traffic, from S. Traditions Blvd to Turkey Creek Rd
For all of the road and lane closures, and lane shifts during the BCS Marathon and Half-Marathon please see the attached spreadsheet.
To see a complete route map for the two races click here.
For more information on the BCS Marathon and Half-Marathon please visit BCSmarathon.com
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan