Friday, February 03, 2012
Downtown Bryan celebrates February's First Friday
Due to inclement weather and wet ground from the recent rain, Thumbelina will NOT be shown tonight during First Friday. Movies with Madden’s and Thumbelina will be back next First Friday.
All of the other planned First Friday activities are still scheduled. Please see the list below for some of the events planned.
Shopping and Entertainment
1. The Frame Gallery, 216 N. Bryan Ave. Original art by many local artists. Featured Fotos For Favelas fundraiser. Live music, 6:30 – 9:30, Jazz/Blues with R.G. Watkins & Friends, also Brazilian music by Paolo and Renata, cash wine bar & free art activity. And, outside on the sidewalk, music by ContraDiction! 822-0496
2. D&S Premier Art & Clocks, 208 N. Bryan Ave., 779-2211
3. Discount Floors, 200 N. Bryan Ave., Come visit their new showroom! 779-3270
4. Square One Studio, 211 W. Wm. J Bryan Pkwy, Jill is going to be showing her landscape paintings and demonstrating painting. Feel free to drop by 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
5. Corner of Time Antiques & Collectibles Mall, 118 N. Bryan Ave., Antiques & a soda fountain. Pottery wheel throwing & wood carving demos, Valley Junction Band too! 822-7400
6. Brazos Glassworks, 202b W. 26th St., Watch lamp work demos by Michael Pence and ask about workshops. 823-0325
7. Jim.n.i., Our Favorite Things, 202a W. 26th St., 823-8000
8. Downtown Uncorked Wine Bar, 206 W. 26th St., 823-4837
9. Village Café, 210 W. 26th St., Featured artist this month Felice House. Live music, Joey McGee 6pm, and then Kathy Ross 8-12pm. 703-8514
10. St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 217 W. 26th St. Marian Anderson String Quartet performs at 7:00 p.m. in the sanctuary. 822-5176
11. StageCenter Theatre, 201B W. 26th St, Neil Simon’s “Last of the Red Hot Lovers” 823-4297
12. Horse drawn carriage rides by Hidden Oasis Carriage Company, from the LaSalle courtyard
13. LaSalle Hotel, 120 S. Main St., Live music Ciara 7-10pm. 822-2000
14. EarthArt, 209 S. Main St. Art, jewelry, clothing & handicraft of global community. 779-8208
15. Revolution Cafe & Bar, 211-b S. Main St., Original art & always, live music! Tonight The Hi-Tones, Featherface, Walking Bear , Chris Clonts, The Ex-Optimists. 823-4044
16. Visitor’s Center, 213B S. Main St. 6-9pm. 822-4920
17. Queen Theatre, 110 S. Main St. Stop by and bask in the neon glow! This ongoing renovation is a project of the Downtown Bryan Association.
18. Southern Grace, Antiques & Almosts, 102 S Main St. 822-7770
19. Heritage Menswear, 117 N. Main St., 822-6575
20. String & Horn Shop, 119 N. Main St., 779-8548
21. Catalena Hatters, 203 N. Main St. “How Hats are Made” behind the scenes tour. Western art, too! 822-4423
22. Texas Rose Boutique, 205 N. Main St., 822-4423
23. Haute Couture- COMING SOON!, 212 N. Main St., Miss Me jeans, Miss Me Couture, Corral boots, etc. 822-3694
24. DeBord’s by Double J Saddlery, 201 E. 24th St . Check out Lucchese boots, purses, hand tooled belts, saddles & tack. 822-4515
25. St. Vincent de Paul Resale, 300 N. Main St., 823-4369
26. Burr’s Unfinished Furniture, 314 North Main St. Browse the furniture and also jewelry artist Jackie Palmer’s Sweetheart collection of heart-themed jewelry. Live music outside. 822-7052
27. James’ Studio 59, 318 N. Main St., 823-8562
A. Brauhaus Bavarian Restaurant, 107 N. Main 775-4014
B. Caffe Capri, 222 N. Main St., 822-2675 Live music nearby outside- Sweet Strings on the Brazos
C. Casa Rodriguez, 300 N Bryan Ave., 779-0916 live music- mariachis!
D. Good Time Charley’s Grill Pub & Sports Theater, 201 S. Main St. 703-8922.
E. LaSalle Café, 120 S. Main, 823-2233 live music!
F. The Lemon Wedge, 308 N. Main St., 703-4052, live music!
G. Longhorn Tavern Steakhouse, 201 E. 24th St., 778-3900
I. Madden’s Casual Gourmet, 202 N. Bryan St., 779-2558
J. Margie’s Grill & Bar, 320 N. Main St., 822-8422
K. Mr. G’s Pizzeria, 201 W. 26th St., 822-6747
L. Murphy’s Law, 107 N. Main St., 775-4014
M. Must Be Heaven, 100 S. Main St., 822-7722
N. Papa Perez Mexican Cuisine, 200 S. Main St., 775-7272
O. San Jose Mexican Restaurant, 414 N. Main St., 823-8157
P. Subway, 100 N. Main St., 823-3147
Q. Village Café, 210 W. 26th St., 703-8514
See you tonight!
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan