Wednesday, October 31, 2012
The City of Bryan invites you to the 5th annual Lights On! holiday celebration in Downtown Bryan on Friday, November 16.
The event kicks off at 6:00 p.m. at Gloria Stephan Sale Park, with holiday performances by the Brazos Valley Troupe, the Rudder High School Choir, and the Bryan High School Chorale. Bryan Mayor Jason Bienski and special guest emcees will also take to the stage to announce the Downtown lighting and the tree lighting in Sale Park.
The Downtown lighting is generously sponsored by the Bryan Coca-Cola Bottling Company, BTU, Crews and Associates, Stylecraft Builders, Inc. and The Gloria S. Sale Bryan Beautification Trust. Audio equipment and services for the Sale Park portion of the evening will be provided by RDM Audio.
Cookies and hot chocolate will be available at Sale Park during the event. Cookies and Hot Chocolate will be provided by The Woman’s Club of Bryan-College Station, City of Bryan employees, and The Lemon Wedge.
Following the lighting ceremony, guests are invited to head down to the Palace Theater to watch Shrek the Halls, followed by It’s a Wonderful Life. The movies, which are sponsored by Bryan Coca-Cola, are scheduled to start around 7:35 p.m.
Other attractions scheduled to appear at the 2012 Lights On! event include:
• Santa Claus Grand Entrance
• Downtown Street Music
• “Letters to Santa” Station in Carnegie Plaza
• Salvation Army Bell Ringers will Collect Donations
• New Featured Locations throughout Downtown
Program of Events
• 6:00 pm - Salvation Army Band
• 6:15 pm - Rudder High School Choir
• 6:30 pm - Bryan High School Chorale
• 6:45 pm - Brazos Valley Troupe
• 7:00 pm - Emcees Begin Ceremony in Sale Park, Welcome by Mayor Jason Bienski
• 7:15 pm - Lights On!
• 7:35 pm - Movies at the Palace: First “Shrek the Halls”, then “It's A Wonderful Life”
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan