Thursday, May 29, 2008
City of Bryan along with the Bryan Police Department
Are you giving your child technology that’s being used in harmful ways?
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Bryan Municipal Building at 300 S. Texas Ave.
On Tuesday, June 3rd , the City of Bryan and the Bryan Police Department will present vitally important information about how these technologies are being used to inflict harm upon children and adults. The session will also examine how adult predators are becoming more adept at cyber-grooming; that is, gaining a kid’s trust by creating a false relationship that leads to victimization.
This free session will address cyber-bullying and cyber-grooming, plus these important issues:
• The kinds of cyber-crimes really happening in Bryan-College Station
• What details cyber-predators look for on MySpace and other social networks
• How to decipher the lingo your kids use in text messages
• How predators try to play online games with your kids
• How your online information and photos might be an invitation to sexual predators
• How to avoid being a victim of cyber-bullies and cyber-predators
• Why a false online persona can be dangerous
Beyond MySpace will also address identity theft, online scams and illegal downloads.
You will have a chance to hear Bryan Police Department’s Sgt. Shane Bush speak about his experience with cyber predators and you will also have a chance to meet some of the Police Department’s Net Team. The Net Team is a new initiative by the Police Department for Neighborhood Policing.
Contact: Aneya Elbert with the City of Bryan at 979-209-5485 or email email@example.com for more information.
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan