Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Mayor Conlee meets with Transportation Committee Chairman
On Tuesday, March 24, Bryan Mayor Mark Conlee met with U.S. Rep Chet Edwards and House Transportation Committee Chairman James Oberstar of Minnesota to discuss the City’s transportation priorities.
The visit comes as Congress prepares to debate Transportation Reauthorization legislation later this year. The bill will be written by Oberstar’s committee and authorizes federal funds for highway, transit and road safety projects through 2014. The current transportation reauthorization law expires this year.
Mayor Conlee discussed with Edwards and Oberstar several local transportation priorities including the following:
• Downtown Bryan upgrades on Main Street and Bryan Avenue
• Bryan Avenue and Beck Street improvements
• Downtown multi-modal parking garage
• Improved mobility and access at Texas 21 and F.M. 60 near the Texas A&M Health Science Center campus
• Old Reliance Road bridge widening
• Reconfiguration of ramps along Texas 6
• Expansion of F.M. 1179
The visit concluded with a press conference at the Texas Transportation Institute.
Additional Contact Information
Director of Traffic and Transportation
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan