Monday, June 15, 2009
Texas Reds kicks off Friday
The third annual Texas Reds Steak and Grape Festival is set to kick off Friday, June 19, in historic downtown Bryan.
The free event will feature live entertainment, Kid Zone, wine tasting, steak cook-off, chef demonstrations, more than 65 vendors and much more!
Live entertainment on Friday night includes performances by Midnight Express at 7 p.m. and Big Otis at 9 p.m.
Activities on Saturday include the following:
• Grape Stomp begins with a Celebrity Stomp off at 11 a.m. and then is open to public from noon to 6 p.m.
• Kid Zone open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Beer concession 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
• Wine tastings from 20 different Texas wineries 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Wine concession 7 to 10:30 p.m.
• Steak servings from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• City of Bryan serving $5 hamburger plates from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Chef Demonstrations from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Texas Reds Lounge
In the Palace Theater:
• Leannasaurus Rex (Texas blues) performance begins at noon
• Grupo Laredo (Tejano) performance begins at 1:30 p.m.
• Kathy Ross (country) performance begins at 3 p.m.
• Texas Twisters (rock) performance begins at 4:30 p.m.
• Earl Thomas Conley performance begins at 7 p.m.
• Robert Earl Keen performance begins at 9 p.m.
Additional Contact Information
Special events coordinator
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan