Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Nominations sought for Mayor's Downtown Impact Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the 10th annual Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award, which honors an extraordinary effort by an individual, organization or business to revitalize Historic Downtown.
The award is sponsored by The Bank and Trust of Bryan, which donates $500 to the Boys and Girls Club of Brazos Valley in the name of the award winner. Mayor Mark Conlee will identify the winner at the annual Bryan City Council volunteer reception held at 5 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Brazos Center.
The deadline for nominations is Oct. 31.
“We look forward to this reception every year because it gives us an opportunity to recognize some of the many people who contribute to making our downtown thrive,” Conlee said.
Nomination forms may be submitted online at www.bryantx.gov.
Past recipients of the Mayor’s Downtown Impact Award:
• 2008 – Shawn Andaya-Pulliam and the Children’s Museum of Brazos Valley; Peter and Tara Madden
• 2007 – Cindy Peaslee and Papa Perez
• 2006 – Russell Bradley and Greta Watkins
• 2005 – John Hendry
• 2004 – Zane Anderson and Michael Schaefer
• 2003 – John Clanton and W.J. Bryan Partnership, LP
• 2002 – Caffe’ Capri and Rami Cerone
• 2001 – Earth Art; Eric and Hazel Todd; Mrs. Edward (Pat) Hiler
• 2000 – Old Bryan Marketplace and Kay Conlee
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan