Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Parking Violations Will Be Enforced
Blinn College and Texas A&M University are back in session for the fall semesters. That means students are back and traffic is much heavier. Due to the recent growth in student enrollment, the availability of parking has become more limited in both Bryan and College Station. The most common violations are in the residential areas around both college campuses. As the available parking on campus fills, more people begin parking in nearby residential areas creating congestion and safety hazards. Parking issues can go several blocks into residential areas surrounding the borders of our two colleges. Parties or gatherings after hours also tend to generate similar parking issues.
The Bryan and College Station Police Departments are concerned about congestion and safety hazards and will be enforcing parking violations in these high traffic areas. Both departments encourage everyone to pay close attention to where they are parking and to obey all parking laws.
Here are some parking tips:
- Do not block a private driveway
- Park with the flow of traffic, not against it
- Park within 18” of the curb (both tires)
- Do not park near a fire hydrant (15’ to be exact)
- Do not park in front of a city dumpster
- Do not park on a sidewalk, crosswalk, or in an intersection
- Do not park in front of a US mailbox
We do recommend the following:
- Take the TAMU bus if at all possible
- Get to know your neighbors, classmates, or co-workers and carpool
- Arrive at campus early to find a place to park
- Always plan your semester class schedule with plenty of time in between classes
If you notice any parking violation that needs to be addressed or have any more questions about parking issues, please contact us at:
The Bryan Police Department: College Station Police Department:
The safety of our community does not have borders. It is the goal of every law enforcement agency to protect the citizens that we serve. Be the eyes and ears of your police department. When you see suspicious activity contact the College Station Police Department at 979-764-3600 or the Texas A&M University Police Department at 979-845-2345; contact the Bryan Police Department or the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office at 979-361-3888. Together we can make a difference in our community.
Officer Jon Agnew
Public Information Officer
Bryan Police Department
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan