Friday, September 17, 2010
Fall Prevention Week activities at B+CS Library System
Next week, September 20-24, is Fall Prevention Week. The Bryan+College Station Library System will host the Brazos Valley Area Agency on Aging (BVAAA) at the Larry J. Ringer Library for some Fall Prevention Week activities, in conjunction with the Texas Falls Prevention Coalition. The following free events will take place in the front meeting room of the library, and do not require registration:
Mon. Sept. 20, 2:00 - 3:00, Physical Activity Presentation
- Presentation by physical therapist Bruce Forsyth and personal trainer Erika Ervin
Tues. Sept. 21, 2:00 - 3:00, Home Safety Presentation by Home Depot
- Demonstration of home safety products
Wed. Sept. 22, 2:00 - 3:00, Medication Management Q&A Session
- Q&A session by Village Food pharmacist Jim Killingsworth
Thurs. Sept. 23, 1:00 - 1:15, Family Awareness
- A short video followed by our Thursday afternoon movie (call for title)
Fri. Sept. 24, Register for Fall Prevention Program: A Matter of Balance
- Join us for games from 1:00 - 3:30, Sign up for October sessions of "A Matter of Balance"
The BVAAA will also present a free program called "A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns about Falls.” Library staff members are now accepting registration for October sessions, which will meet every Monday and Wednesday in October from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the front meeting room at the Larry J. Ringer Library. If you are interested, please contact the library's Reference Desk to sign up.
Additional Contact Information:
Larry J. Ringer Library - Reference Desk - (979) 764-3416
1818 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy. S.
College Station, TX 77845
© Copyright 2003-2013, City of Bryan