On Monday, January 21, 2019, the City of Bryan Municipal Office building and all other City administrative offices will be closed in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Please note bin trash and brush/bulky pick-up will remain on schedule!
The City of Bryan delivered its fourth annual video report for the 2018 State of the City address featuring Bryan Mayor Andrew Nelson and City staff with a theme based on The Office, the documentary-style TV sitcom that brought comedy to the 9 to 5 workday.
The report highlights significant infrastructure improvements completed, new initiatives underway, and other items of community interest that positively impact the lives of citizens and visitors alike taking place over the last fiscal year (October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018). Some of these highlights include:
- Restoration and Grand Opening of the iconic Queen Theatre in Historic Downtown Bryan
- Bryan ISD’s two new schools and expansion of the Career and Technical Education Programs
- Co-hosting the 2018 TAAF (Texas Amateur Athletic Federation) Games of Texas event and the Grand Opening of the City Course at the Phillips Event Center
- Bryan Fire Department’s upgraded ISO rating to a Class 1 and the Grand Opening of Fire Station #2
- Opening of the Bryan Police Department’s first Police Academy with 10 recruits graduating as Cadets
In addition to the departments highlighted in the video, an accompanying electronic report is available which incorporates successes from each and every City department.
You can view both the video and electronic reports at bryantx.gov/stateofthecity. We would love for you to share it via social media and tag it with #BetterInBryan!