The Board of Directors of Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) voted to extend a rate-reduction measure, which was originally set to expire at the end of May. The reduction of the power supply adjustment by one-half will result in an approximate 15% reduction in electric costs for customers.
The library is turning into a Zoo!
Learn about alpaca, owls, hawks, snakes, other reptiles, bugs, service animals, mini-ponies, rescue animals and more!
And … Meet Downtown Boudreaux – the most lovable Great Dane with his own Facebook Page. Pet the alpaca, and service dogs. Maybe even take a pet home as your own — the Bryan Animal Center will be on site with animals that need a forever home.
This is a come-and-go event. No ticket is required.
- What: Animal Day at Mounce Library
- When: Saturday, June 2, from 9 – 11 a.m.
- Where: Clara B. Mounce Public Library, 201 E 26th St, Bryan, TX 77803
Here are some groups and animals that will be joining us:
On Library Lawn
- The Urban Interface (hawk and owl demonstration at 10 a.m on the Mounce Library lawn)
- Magical Muzzles and Manes (mini ponies and some dogs who love to be read to!)
- Royal Oaks Alpacas (alpacas, of course)
2nd Floor Meeting Room
- Downtown Boudreaux (the most lovable Great Dane with his own Facebook Page)
- City of Bryan Animal Center (animals for adoption)
- Aggieland Pets with a Purpose (service dogs, etc.)
- R & R Paradise Farms (various animals)
- Reptile Hospice Sanctuary of Texas (lovable reptiles)
For more information, please contact Bobbie Pennington at (979) 209-5600.