The Board of Directors of Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) voted to extend a rate-reduction measure, which was originally set to expire at the end of May. The reduction of the power supply adjustment by one-half will result in an approximate 15% reduction in electric costs for customers.
Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) is committed to the health, safety, and wellbeing of its employees and customers. Therefore, BTU has made temporary changes to lobby operations and utility disconnects in response to COVID-19.
The BTU lobby will be closed to the public until further notice. The drive thru will remain open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. BTU will only be disconnecting services upon customer request for the next 10 days. BTU staff are closely monitoring the situation and will reassess processes as appropriate. BTU would like to assure our customers that we have a detailed plan to continue providing safe and reliable energy throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Customers are encouraged to stay current on their utility bills. Customers may pay via the following methods:
- Online at www.btutilities.com (detailed instructions on how to establish an online account can be found by clicking the “Log in/Register” link at the top of the page), payments may be made by credit card or electronic check
- Kiosks, accept all payment types – cash, credit card and check. Locations are:
- BTU drive thru, 205 E. 28th St, Bryan; open 24 hours
- HEB, 725 E. Villa Maria Rd., Bryan
- HEB, Texas Ave and Hwy 21, Bryan
- By phone at (979) 821-5700 utilizing the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system that accepts credit card or electronic check
Customers that have been impacted or need assistance may contact BTU at (979) 821-5700 or contactBTU@btutilities.com. To report a utility emergency call (979) 822-3777.
Customers are encouraged to follow BTU’s Facebook (@BryanTexasUtilities) and Twitter (@BTU_BryanTX) pages for updates.