The Coulter Drive and East 32nd Street/Carter Creek intersection will be completely closed to traffic starting Monday, Nov. 23, 2020 until early January 2021 as part of the Coulter Drive Reconstruction Project.
The winter holidays are going to look a little different this year, but the City of Bryan and Destination Bryan are teaming up to ensure that everyone can continue to celebrate as a community.
This year’s holiday celebrations will focus on low-cost or free activities that families can safely participate in. A full listing of all activities is available at Bryantx.gov/HolidaysInBryan.
Holiday lights map
Bryan residents and businesses are encouraged to take a photo of their holiday lights and decorations, and upload it to the Bryan Holiday Lights Map, available at Bryantx.gov/HolidayLights.
The map will show the locations of each submitted display, and community members can then plan their own driving holiday lights tours with their families. The map is available now and will remain active through Dec. 31, 2020.
Community events calendar
Bryan organizations and businesses are also encouraged to submit details of public holiday-themed events they are planning to the Bryan Community Events Calendar at BryanTX.gov/HolidaysInBryan. Approved events will be featured on the calendar, where residents can easily find them.
- Letters to Santa: Have your little ones write their holiday wishes to Santa, and drop off the letters at Santa’s community mailboxes between Nov. 20 and Dec. 14. Santa will read each letter and respond to your child.
- Holiday Magic: The City of Bryan previously canceled the Holiday Magic event, but Sue Haswell Park will still be lit up for families to enjoy as they stroll through the park. The park lights will be on from Dec. 3 through Dec. 31, 2020.
- Lights On: Destination Bryan will kick off the holiday season in Bryan with the annual Lights On on Friday, Nov. 20 beginning at 6 p.m.! While this year’s event might look differently this year, the thousands of lights along Main Street and Bryan Avenue will turn on to illuminate our picturesque historic downtown. This free, family-friendly event will include holiday photo backdrop stations, live music at the Palace Theater and more.
- December First Friday: Come enjoy the holiday-themed First Friday on Dec. 4! Restaurants and shops will be open late for you to get a head start on your holiday shopping.
- Downtown Lighted Holiday Stroll: Come to Downtown Bryan for an evening of lights and holiday cheer on Friday, Dec. 11 starting at 6 p.m. Stroll through Downtown and view parade floats parked along the streets, festive window displays in businesses, thousands of lights and more!