Don’t get stuck with shoddy roof repairs, or get scammed by an unethical contractor. Here’s info you need so you can find a reputable contractor and insure the repair work is done right.
On Monday, June 5, 2017, the City of Bryan will host an open house where citizens may visit with inspectors, plans examiners, and the building official about proposed changes to the building and electrical code. This is an opportunity for the public to speak with staff prior to the public hearing scheduled for Tuesday, June 6, 2017, where the proposed amendments will be an item for consideration by the Board of Adjustments and Appeals.
- WHAT: Open House – Proposed Building and Electrical Code Updates
- WHEN: Monday, June 5th – 4 PM to 5 PM
- WHERE: City of Bryan Municipal Office Building – 300 S. Texas Avenue – Council Chambers
- WHAT: Public Hearing – Proposed Building and Electrical Code Updates
- WHEN: Tuesday, June 6th – 6 PM
- WHERE: City of Bryan Municipal Office Building – 300 S. Texas Avenue – Basement Training Room
For the past several years, City staff have been reviewing the family of 2012 and 2015 International Codes produced by the International Code Council (ICC) and the 2014 National Electrical Code produced by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). In 2010, the City adopted the 2009 International Codes and 2011 National Electrical Code which are still in effect. The Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO) and Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS) require cities to have updated, current codes which helps make structures and cities as a whole safer and can decrease insurance costs for residents and business owners.
The following code amendments will be a topic of discussion at the open house on Monday, June 5th. These will then be reviewed and voted on by the Board of Adjustments and Appeals on Tuesday, June 6th:
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
The code amendments noted below will be a topic of discussion at a separate open house with a public hearing at a future Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting:
- 2015 International Fire Code (IFC) Proposed Amendments
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC) Proposed Amendments
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC) Proposed Amendments
- 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC) Proposed Amendments
To view the existing codes and the proposed amendments, please visit the 2017 Code Updates page. For additional information about the open house and public hearing, please contact the Building Division at 979.209.5010 or by email at email@example.com.