The City of Bryan Municipal Office building and all other City administrative offices will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 27. Get the complete list of City closures here.
The Bryan City Council approved the Corridor Beautification Partnership (CBP) Grant Program in 2016 with the goal of using matching funds to renovate and improve the visual impact of properties along Texas Avenue. This grant is available for the third consecutive year to all retail, commercial, and multiple-family property owners located along Texas Avenue in Bryan. Texas Avenue serves as one of the primary gateways into our community and as such, these high impact renovations assist in making the City of Bryan even more economically vibrant and aesthetically appealing.
An informational meeting about the CBP will be hosted on Wednesday, October 3, 2018, at 5:30 PM in Council Chambers of the Municipal Office Building. If you own property on Texas Avenue that is in need of outside improvements to the landscaping, façade, or signage, you are highly encouraged to consider this matching grant opportunity. Matching grants are awarded for up to 50% of the total estimated cost of an improvement project and applications will be accepted over the next year beginning October 1, 2018.
WHAT: Texas Avenue Corridor Beautification Partnership Grant Program Informational Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday, October 3rd – 5:30 PM
WHERE: City of Bryan Municipal Office Building – 300 S. Texas Avenue – Council Chambers
The objectives of the CBP Grant Program include:
- Improving the community image and perception of the Texas Avenue Corridor through qualifying improvements focusing both on aesthetics and business vitality;
- Encouraging private investment in commercial businesses;
- Eliminating blight along the Texas Avenue Corridor;
- Stimulating redevelopment to increase sales tax revenues and property values; and
- Stimulating economic and business development by providing safe environments for workers, businesses, and the public.
The types of improvements that are eligible include but are not limited to:
- Building Materials/Façade
- Existing Land Use Requirements
Additional information about the program including the application are available online at bryantx.gov/cbp. If you have specific questions or are interested in scheduling a pre-application meeting, please contact Staff Planner Lindsay Hackett via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 979.209.5030.