In an effort to meet community needs, the Bryan Police Department formed a Mental Health Unit in April 2021 comprised of three officers who have received specific training on how to help people who may be experiencing a mental health crisis.
The City of Bryan Municipal Office building and all other city administrative offices will be closed in observance of Independence Day on Monday, July 5 and will resume normal operating hours on Tuesday, July 6, 2021.
Other city offices/buildings will observe the following schedules:
- Bryan Animal Center: Closed on July 5 and reopening with normal business hours on July 6.
- Bryan + College Station Public Library System: Closed on July 4 and 5 and reopens for normal hours on July 6.
- Bryan Municipal Court: Closed on July 5. Any documents or payments due to the Court that day will only be accepted on July 6.
- Bryan Texas Utilities: The BTU drive-through will be closed on July 5 and will resume normal operating hours on July 6. To make a bill payment, please visit one of the kiosks at any of the following locations (please note, these locations may have separate holiday hours):
- H-E-B, Texas Avenue and State Highway 21
- H-E-B, 725 E. Villa Maria Road
- BTU office automated drive-through, 205 E. 28th (open 24 hours)
- You may also bay via phone by calling 979.821.5700 or online at btutilities.com.
- Community Development office: Closed on July 5. Reopening for normal business hours on July 6.
- Parks & Recreation office: Closed on July 5. Reopening for normal business hours on July 6.
- Public Works Call Center: Closed on July 5 and will resume normal operating hours on July 6. Residents with traffic, water, sewer or utility needs should call 979.822.3777 for after-hours assistance.
- Solid Waste and Brush/Bulky Pick-up: Operating on their normal schedules.
- Used Oil and Tire Recycling Center: Closed on July 5 and will reopen for normal business hours on July 6.