The Board of Directors of Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) announced today that rate relief measures have been approved to assist customers during this difficult time.
As the coronavirus/COVID-19 situation continues to rapidly evolve, the City of Bryan is closely monitoring the situation. We are following guidance from the Brazos County Health Department, Texas Health & Human Services, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and other appropriate agencies.
While there has not been confirmed cases of coronavirus in our area, we are following the city’s emergency preparedness plans and are acting out of an abundance of caution to ensure our community can stay safe and slow the spread of the disease.
We have established a centralized page for all information regarding the city’s response to the coronavirus at bryantx.gov/coronavirus.
At this time, the following closures and cancellations are being made:
- Neal Recreation Center will be closed at 6 p.m. on March 13 through Sunday, March 22.
- Maroon & White Night on March 20 has been canceled.
- ASAP Basketball has been postponed until BISD facilities are available.
- Adult Pickleball has been postponed until BISD facilities are available.
- Blue Bunny Egg Hunt and Picnic Breakfast on March 28 has been canceled.
- Start Smart Soccer has been postponed a week and is expected to begin the week of March 23.
Other closures and cancellations will be announced as they occur at the web address listed above.
For information about the coronavirus/COVID-19, including preventative measures, symptoms and reporting protocols, please visit:
- Brazos County Health Department
- Texas Department of Health & Human Services
- Center for Disease Control