The deadline to apply is March 8th with the 7-week program beginning March 22nd. Don’t delay! Only 20 participants will be accepted.
For the fourth year in a row, the City of Bryan has produced a video report to highlight achievements across our City. The 2017 State of the City video features Bryan Mayor Andrew Nelson and City employees with a play on the popular television series Game of Thrones. In addition to the video report which showcases six different departments, an electronic report that details achievements from all 28 departments is also produced.
“The past fiscal year proved to be a very rewarding and successful time for our community,” said City Secretary Mary Lynne Stratta. “From sidewalk and roadway improvements to the groundbreaking of a new fire station and recognition for financial transparency, our progress is made through the support of our citizens and hard work of our staff.”
The video report highlights a number of advances made over the 2017 fiscal year which ran from October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017. Some of these key highlights include:
- The groundbreaking and construction beginning of the new Fire Station #2;
- Placing a newly purchase wildfire truck in service to assist fellow firefighters in need;
- A new training range for Bryan Police Officers built in partnership with BVSMA (Twin Oaks Landfill) and the City of College Station;
- The addition of a new K9 Officer, Blitz, to the K9 Unit;
- Significant progress on the reconstruction of South College Avenue;
- Underground utility improvements as part of a multi-year Capital Improvement Project near CHI St. Joseph Hospital;
- Construction of a 17,500-square foot skate park at Williamson Park and new restroom facilities;
- New playground structures installed at Tiffany, Scurry, and Castle Heights Parks;
- Construction of a Canine Enrichment Center to facilitate outdoor play and socialization for adoptable dogs at the Bryan Animal Center; and
- The first ever Transparency Star designation for Traditional Finances from State Comptroller Glenn Hegar awarded to the Fiscal Services Department.
Both the video report and online report are available for viewing online at www.bryantx.gov/stateofthecity.