The Bryan Drive-In Recycling Center at 2202 Briarcrest Drive will be permanently closing on Feb. 16, 2020 to allow for redevelopment of the Walmart shopping center.
The City of Bryan Community Development Advisory Committee (CDAC) will hold a regular public meeting on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 6 p.m. at the City of Bryan Municipal Office Building, Basement Training Room, at 300 S. Texas Avenue, Bryan, Texas 77803, to discuss ongoing projects by the City’s Community Development Services Department. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
- What: City of Bryan Community Development Advisory Committee Regular Public Meeting
- When: Tuesday – May 21, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
- Where: City of Bryan Municipal Office Building, Basement Training Room, 300 S. Texas Avenue, Bryan, Texas 77803 at 6:00 P.M.
- Contact: Alsie Bond or Art Roach – City of Bryan Community Development Office: 979-209-5175
CDAC and the Community Development Services Department administer federal funds received by the city from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). The City anticipates receiving approximately $823,293 for CDBG and $343,707 in HOME funds for the 2019/2020 Program Year. This funding supports eligible programs and activities addressing local needs and priorities, which are primarily for the benefit low to moderate-income households. Eligible activities are funded and evaluated in accordance with grant regulations and the current, City Council-approved Annual Action Plan and 5-year Consolidated Plan. Currently funded programs include:
- Homeowner Major Rehabilitation/Reconstruction
- Homeowner Minor Repair
- Voluntary Demolition Assistance
- Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
- Nonprofit Community Housing Development Organizations
- Nonprofit Public Service Agencies and Public Facilities
For more information, please call 209-5175, or email CommunityDevelopmentWeb@Bryantx.gov .