On Friday, Sept.15, City of Bryan Planning staff members accepted the 2023 General Plan Award from the American Planning Association Texas Chapter’s Central Section.
Filing for candidacy in the City of Bryan’s general election to be held on November 8, 2022, will begin on July 25 and end at 5:00 p.m. on August 22. The positions of Mayor, City Councilmember Single Member District Number One, City Councilmember Single Member District Number Two, City Councilmember Single Member District Number 5, and City Councilmember At Large (Place 6) will appear on the general election ballot.
Filing for candidacy in a special election to fill a vacancy in the City Councilmember Single Member District 3 place will begin after the special election is ordered by the City Council and end at 6:00 p.m. on August 25, 2022.
In order to be a candidate, a person must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be a registered voter in the City of Bryan and if running for a single member district, a registered voter of that district, on the date of filing for elected office;
- Have resided within the State of Texas continuously for 12 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot;
- Have resided continuously for 12 months in the single member district immediately preceding election day if running for a single member district place on the Council;
- If elected, a Councilmember from a single member district must remain a resident of that district for the entire term;
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- Not have a financial interest in any contract, job, work, or service of or to the City of Bryan, or the sale to the City of Bryan of any supplies, equipment, material, or real or personal property.
Candidate packets are available in the Bryan City Secretary’s Office in the Bryan Municipal Building, 300 South Texas Avenue, Room 302, or can be sent via email. After the filing deadline, an orientation session for candidates will be conducted.
For additional information:
Mary Lynne Stratta, Bryan City Secretary
979-209-5002 or email@example.com