Residents and visitors will once again be able to rent scooters from Blue Duck from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, beginning Aug. 6 using the Blue Duck mobile app.
Filing for candidacy for the City of Bryan’s general election to be held on November 3, 2020, begins on Saturday, July 18, and ends at 5 p.m. on August 17. (Note that July 18-19, city offices are closed for the weekend.) The positions of City Councilmember Single Member District Number Three and City Councilmember Single Member District Number Four will appear on the ballot for full three-year terms.
In order to be a candidate, a person must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be a registered voter in the City of Bryan or single member district (if running for a single member district seat on the Council) on the date of filing for elected office;
- Have resided within the State of Texas continuously for 12 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot;
- Have resided continuously for six months in the City of Bryan or in the single member district (if running for a single member district seat on the Council) immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot;
- If elected, a Councilmember from a single member district must remain a resident of that district for the entire term;
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- Not have a financial interest in any contract, job, work, or service of or to the City of Bryan, or the sale to the City of Bryan of any supplies, equipment, material, or real or personal property.
Candidate packets are available in the Bryan City Secretary’s Office in the Bryan Municipal Building, 300 South Texas Avenue, Room 302, or can be sent via email. After the filing deadline, an orientation session for candidates will be conducted. Eligibility requirements will be reviewed with each candidate at the time of filing since single member district candidacy requirements differ from candidates running at large.
For additional information:
Mary Lynne Stratta, Bryan City Secretary
979-209-5002 or firstname.lastname@example.org