Garage Sale Regulations
As of December 15, 2021, the City of Bryan no longer requires citizen to obtain a garage sale permit before conducting a garage sale.
Please note that all other requirements for garage sales which may be found in Bryan Code of Ordinances Section 18-22 remain in full effect. These include:
- Only the owner of the property or a tenant of the premises may conduct a garage sale.
- One (1) garage sale is allowed on a property every four (4) months.
- Only used and/or discarded personal property may be offered for sale at a garage sale and no garage sale may last more than 72 consecutive hours (3 days).
- Only used or discarded items of personal property may be offered for sale.
- No garage sale may be conducted in a manner that creates a disturbance or become a nuisance in the neighborhood where the sale is being held.
- Placing signs off premises from the location of the sale or in the public rights-of-way is prohibited.
- No garage sale may be conducted on a vacant lot, even with the owners permission.
Please contact Development Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 979.209.5010 for clarification or additional information regarding garage sale regulations.