The Board of Directors of Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) announced today that rate relief measures have been approved to assist customers during this difficult time.
Here’s a list of closures announced today, March 16, 2020, by the City of Bryan.
- Splash Pads: All City of Bryan splash pads closed until further notice.
- Parks and Recreation: The City of Bryan is closing all Bryan Parks & Recreation facilities to public use through Sunday, March 29. This includes:
- Bryan Aquatic Center
- All sports fields and sport facilities
- Bryan Tennis Center
- Neal Recreation Center
- Community Development Advisory Committee Meeting: March 19 – canceled. This meeting and public hearing will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Midtown Area Plan Meeting: March 23 – canceled. All information that was to be presented will be posted at bryantx.gov/midtown
- All jury trials at Bryan Municipal Court: All jury trials scheduled for March and April at Bryan Municipal Court will be postponed and rescheduled for later dates.
- Meet & Greet with Bea Saba: March 20 – canceled. This event with new Bryan + College Station Public Library System Director Bea Saba has been postponed. We will announce a new date at a later time.
- Pitch Hit & Run: April 4 – canceled.
- April Pools Day: April 4 – canceled
CDC Recommendations on Events
As of Sunday, March 15, the CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States. This recommendation does not apply to the day to day operation of organizations such as schools, institutes of higher learning, or businesses.