The Board of Directors of Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) announced today that rate relief measures have been approved to assist customers during this difficult time.
Sure, you can go to the beach. Or head to one of the big cities. But those require hours in the car and spending tons of money on hotels and meals out. Why not save both time and money and plan a staycation this Spring Break right here in Bryan!
Bryan is home to numerous historical and cultural sites, including Boonville Heritage Park (featuring a walk-through historical town!), the Brazos Valley African American Museum, the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History, the Children’s Museum of the Brazos Valley and the Carnegie History Center – the oldest continuously running Carnegie Library in the country. Each of these sites offers a great opportunity to learn about local history, diverse cultures and family stories of people right here in the Brazos Valley.
You can’t go on a vacation without a few souvenirs. So, make your way to Historic Downtown Bryan, where you’ll find a variety of quaint shops to find the perfect gift to remind you of your staycation. Each of the shops in Downtown Bryan is unique and locally owned. Take a stroll down Main Street or Bryan Avenue and visit each one to get a taste of “The Good Life, Texas Style.”
There’s no shortage of good food in Bryan. So, when you want to take a break from eating in, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from to get a taste of local flavor. Whether it’s Mexican, barbecue, burgers or comfort food, there’s bound to be something to please everyone’s palate. Check out Downtown Bryan or Experience BCS for a list of great options to get you out of your weekly restaurant rut.
When you live here, it’s sometimes easy to forget all of the amenities available at your fingertips. But, we assure you, there’s plenty to do to keep you and your family busy for an entire week.
- Visit one of Bryan’s more than 50 parks spanning more than 750 acres across the city. We have horseshoe pits, an indoor tennis facility, pickleball courts, splash pads, walking trails, playgrounds and skateboard parks.
- If nature is more your thing, take a quick drive to Lake Bryan, where you can watch the sunset, enjoy an afternoon kayaking, camp with the family or get out on to the mountain bike trails.
- Weather is unpredictable, but spring is always a good time for a dip in the pool. The Bryan Aquatic Center is open year-round for some fun in the sun.
- For golfers out there, Bryan is home to three golf courses, where you and the family can head for a day full of family fun. All three courses are within minutes of each other, so take a drive down Briarcrest Drive and Villa Maria Road to enjoy a day (or several) on the links.
- From live music to dancing to a charming wine bar, Downtown Bryan has it all. It’s the perfect location to retreat on a date night to listen to some tunes or enjoy a movie at The Queen Theatre.
Still not sure if there’s enough to keep you busy this Spring Break? Head to visit.bryantx.gov for more ideas to plan your staycation in Bryan.