The Bryan Aquatic Center (BAC) will reopen to patrons on a limited basis beginning July 6. The BAC will open to guests at least 18 years and older to participate in lap swimming and certain programs only; there will be no recreational pool use at this time.
As summer rolls around, the City of Bryan’s Codes Enforcement team continues to work hard and ensure our neighborhoods stay clean and safe for everyone to enjoy.
Since 2016, the city has been focusing on its codes enforcement efforts at the direction of the Bryan City Council. We have 8 inspectors who have handled more than 2,555 cases so far this fiscal year (October – May).
Here are the most common issues that codes enforcement staff see:
- Grass height: Grass must be under 12 inches tall and mowed from the house to the street. Residents should also remember to not blow grass clippings into the street or curbs. Residents are responsible for mowing the right-of-way adjacent to their property.
- Leaf collection: Residents must bag and tie their leaves in plastic bags or disposable containers, as loose leaves (or leaf piles) will not be collected. Bagged leaves should be separated from other bulky items and placed at the curb to be collected on the assigned Brush & Bulky collection day.
- Outdoor storage: The best way to remember this is to make sure things intended to be indoors stay indoors. That includes couches, refrigerators and other items that can be affected by weather.
- Trash: The City of Bryan provides weekly trash and bulky item pickups, so residents should ensure that they use these services to clear the interior and exterior of their homes from clutter and trash. Additionally, residents should make sure to bring their solid waste containers back next to their homes after receiving service.
- Vehicles: Residents and their visitors may not park on the grass in the front or side yard of their properties. Additionally, vehicles that are inoperable for more than 30 days may not be parked in public view. Keeping of wrecked or inoperable vehicles in public view is not allowed.
While most of the calls that our staff respond to are identified proactively, residents are able to report codes violations. Call 979.209.5900 or fill out a HelpBryan request online. You can view the status of services requests submitted on our online map.