The Woodville Road / SH 6 (Earl Rudder Freeway) overpass will be closed beginning March 30 and the South Coulter Drive Reconstruction Project is beginning April 6.
Over the next few months, community members have the opportunity to help identify the types of services needed in Bryan through the 5-Year Consolidated Plan Community Needs Assessment for the city’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership (HOME) programs.
The Community Development Advisory Committee (CDAC) is hosting a series of public meetings, neighborhood meetings and public surveys to collect information to identify local needs and priorities on programs that primarily benefit low- to moderate-income households in Bryan.
Everyone is invited to participate in this public input process, which is ongoing through the end of March. Public input opportunities include:
Three surveys will be conducted now through March 20, 2020. Members of the community are encouraged to make their voices heard by taking each survey. Links to each survey will be posted on the day they become available.
- Housing and Economic Development survey (available through Feb. 20)
- Public Service Needs survey (available Feb. 1 through Feb. 29)
- Fair Housing survey (available Feb. 20 through March 20)
Public and neighborhood meetings
A series of meetings will be held to provide an overview of the 5-Year Consolidated Plan Community Needs Assessment and gather feedback. Surveys can also be taken. Everyone is invited to attend one of the public or neighborhood meetings listed below. Check back for additional meeting dates.
- Feb. 13, 6 p.m.: CDAC meeting, City of Bryan Municipal Office Building, Basement Training Room, 300 S. Texas Ave.
- Feb. 15, 3 p.m.: Carver Kemp Neighborhood Association meeting, Hope Crossing building, 1401 W. Martin Luther King. This meeting is hosted by the Carver Kemp Neighborhood Association.
- March 19, 6 p.m.: CDAC meeting, City of Bryan Municipal Office Building, Basement Training Room, 300 S. Texas Ave. This meeting will also include a public hearing on the city’s CDBG and HOME programs.
For more information about the 5-Year Consolidated Plan Community Needs Assessment, call 979.209.5175 or email email@example.com. Additional information about the grant programs is available on the Community Development web page.