The Corridor Beautification Partnership was established in January 2017 in response to citizen concern for the appearance and economic vitality of the Texas Avenue corridor.
As the saying goes, “Everything’s bigger in Texas.” But things aren’t only bigger in Texas, they’re also better in Bryan, Texas. See for yourself why doing business in Bryan just makes sense. Whether you’re starting a business, relocating a business, or just looking to expand, here’s why Bryan is the best option.
Bryan, Texas has everything that a new or growing business needs. The City offers a positive economic climate amid a thriving technological community. We are one of Texas’ fastest-growing cities, perfectly positioned between Austin, Houston and Dallas. We have a wonderful quality of life and a readily available workforce and talent pool. Oh, and being next to Texas A&M University doesn’t hurt either.
Bryan, Texas prides itself on being the cultural, governmental, and civic center of Brazos County and the surrounding area. The City of Bryan’s Economic Development Department places great emphasis on retail, tourism, and commercial developments, and provides assistance to businesses and individuals seeking to locate, relocate, or expand within Bryan.
Why Locate in Bryan? Location, location, location
With Bryan being centrally positioned in the heart of Texas, you’re never far away from the major metro areas of Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. And within Bryan, we have many locations suitable for any type of business. From existing retail space, to land ready for development, to manufacturing facilities, we have everything you need to get your business operation up and running quickly.
Some of the amenities we have to offer
- Texas Triangle Park & Inland Port
- Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Fibertown – Historic Downtown Bryan
- Infrastructure & Rail-Ready Acreage for Development
- Dynamic Industrial Development
- World-Class Health Care
- Full-Service Regional Airports
- Texas A&M University & Blinn College Educating more than 66,000 Students per Year
Builders Incentive Program
The Bryan City Council has approved a program which offers incentives to homebuilders to construct residential homes in the target range of 2,200 to 3,000 square feet of heated and cooled area within the Bryan city limits.
The agreement waives fees associated with new home construction. Fees waived would include water and sewer tap fees (for up to 30 homes), and fees for building permits (unlimited number of homes). The Council does reserve the right to limit the time period on waived fees for building permits.
“The building incentive for new homes in the target range is positively contributing to the economic development of the city in both a direct and indirect manner,” said Kevin Russell, Director of Economic Development Services. “We hope home builders will take advantage of this program and build homes in this size range, which will help the City attract new retail to expand the tax base.”
Highlights of the Program
- “Single Family” Home Construction – Speculative and Custom
- Target Range 2200-3000 sq ft. Heated/Cooled
- Within City Limits of Bryan
- No-Cost Building Permits for Builders
- In New Subdivisions – No-Cost Tap Fees for Water (up to $400) and Sewer (up to $350) – Limited to 30 Homes
- Rebate for “Parade of Home” Fee (Limited to $4,900; rebate is on a “first come, first serve” basis)
For More Information, Please Contact:
City of Bryan
Planning and Development
300 S. Texas Avenue
Bryan, TX 77803
Why Build in Bryan?
- St. Joseph Hospital was designated the region’s highest level of trauma center – building a new emergency and trauma center to open soon
- Historic Downtown – Revitalized with retail, restaurants, theater, art galleries, hotels
- Lake Bryan – 1,000 acre recreational lake, mountain bike trails and camping
- 40 Parks, including a new dog park and trails for exploring
- Coulter Field – general aviation airfield
Business is Booming
- Axis Pipe and Tube – at least 285 jobs with upwards of 500 indirect and direct positions within the next ten years
- New Walmart Super Center anchors upcoming retail development minutes from the Texas A&M Health Science Center / Bio- Corridor
- Currently $1 Billion in new construction going on in Bryan/College Station
- BISD earned 21 Campus Distinctions in 2013 from the Texas Education Agency (TEA):
TEA recognized top performances in reading, math and student progress, earning Bryan ISD 21 distinctions overall
- Bryan High School awarded as an International Baccalaureate School
- Dual Credit and Advanced Placement (AP) is also offered
What Others Are Saying
- WalletHub.com listed Bryan as the 10th fastest growing city in the United States
- Military.com ranked Bryan/College Station as #4 places for Military retirees
- Kiplinger named Bryan/College Station as #3 of 10 Great Places to Live
- Forbes ranked Bryan/College Station #3 as Best Small Cities for Jobs
Tax Abatements: Guidelines and Application
The City of Bryan elects to participate in tax abatement agreements for economic development prospects in the City, pursuant to Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code.
- Online Application for Tax Abatement from the City of Bryan
- Resolution No. 3627: Guidelines and Criteria Governing Property Tax Abatement for the City of Bryan (PDF)