Website Policies and Procedures
The City of Bryan has developed and maintains a general use website and mobile application for the benefit of the general public. Operation of the website and mobile application is designed to provide citizens of the city, visitors, private and public organizations, and other interested parties information about the operations of the City of Bryan, local tourism, and other community issues deemed important by the City of Bryan.
Website / Mobile App Policy
It is the policy of the City of Bryan to continuously work towards a website and mobile application that meets this purpose in a manner that is as accurate as possible and meets the standards and needs of the community. Material and information posted on this website, including but not limited to links to websites not controlled by the City of Bryan, are subjected to the following limitations and other relevant City of Bryan policy.
Outside websites are defined as any website that is not maintained by the City of Bryan or that the City of Bryan lacks control over any part, including but not limited to content or security of the website. The following outside websites are permissible for the City of Bryan to link to:
- Governmental, educational, and other non-profit organizations.
- Organizations with some relationship to the City of Bryan (including but not limited to: organizations contracting with the City of Bryan, organizations sponsoring City activities or programs, and organizations participating in City of Bryan activities or programs).
- Regionally recognized organizations with a focus on tourism.
The following outside websites are not permissible for the City of Bryan to link to:
- Any websites that are deemed by the Public Information Officer to be in conflict with the City of Bryan’s conflict of interest policy or any other policy of the City of Bryan
- Candidates for local, state, or federal offices
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state, or federal issue
- Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above
- Individual or personal home pages
- Websites with pornographic, obscene, or indecent content
- Any illegal act, unless depicted in a public service announcement for the health, safety or welfare of the community.
- Any messages that are deemed inconsistent with or contrary to the vision or mission of the City of Bryan or it’s policies and procedures, including sexual or other prohibited harassment or discrimination policies and workplace violence.
Outside websites that do not meet the following quality requirements will not be linked to or will be removed from the City of Bryan’s website if already present:
- The website is not managed in a professional manner
- Not operational or generally available
- Not maintained or regularly updated
- Provides inaccurate information
- Contains illegal or inappropriate content.
Any website controlled by the City of Bryan (as defined in section 2 below) that links to an outside website will contain the following disclaimer:
The City of Bryan Website / Mobile App
Any website or mobile application that is operated and maintained by the City of Bryan, or that the City of Bryan hosts at public expense is considered a City of Bryan website. The content of any City of Bryan website is subject to any relevant City of Bryan policies and is subject to the following limitations:
- Usage of the City of Bryan Brand and Identity is restricted to the City of Bryan Brand and Identity Usage Standards policy
The City of Bryan Online Calendar
The City of Bryan will maintain complete editorial control over all material present on the online calendar, and reserves the right to change, add, or remove content without notice. Information posted on the online calendar is limited to those events occurring within the City of Bryan only, unless the event can be reasonably construed as significantly benefiting residents of the City of Bryan. Any posted event must meet the following criteria:
- The primary function of organizations and person(s) sponsoring an event must not be inconsistent with the mission and vision of the City of Bryan.
- The event must be a economical development, cultural, educational, sporting, or other community event.
- The event must be available to the general public, unless otherwise restricted by federal or state law or local ordinance.
The online calendar will provide the following disclaimer:
- In order to provide visitors with certain information, this website provides information to events hosted by organizations not affiliated with the City of Bryan. Posting the event does not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, services, or accessibility of that event or the hosting organization or person(s). Attendance to that event, or any other function or publication (electronic or print) produced or distributed by the hosting organization or person(s) is entirely at your own risk.
Responsibility and Control
The City of Bryan will maintain complete editorial control over all material present on www.bryantx.gov and the City of Bryan Mobile App, and reserves the right to change, add, or remove content without notice. The City of Bryan reserves the right to remove links to outside websites as outlined, but not limited too, in Section 1 above. The Public Information Officer or appropriate department director will have final authority and responsibility over any content on the City of Bryan’s website. The Public Information Office will review the advertising policy on a regular basis not to exceed three years.
The laws of the State of Texas and the United States of America govern this agreement. If any part of the agreement is determined to be invalid of unenforceable, the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
The Internet domain (example, “xyzcompany.com”) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
The date and time of the visit;
The pages accessed during the visit; and
If you linked to the City of Bryan website from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information — as in an e-mail to City staff, or by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us through our website or mobile application — we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. We are required to maintain many documents for historical purposes, but we do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you. However, information we receive may be considered public information which is subject to disclosure under Texas law. Except for information disclosure required by Texas law, we only share the information you give us with another government agency, if your inquiry relates to that agency. Moreover, we do not create individual profiles with the information you provide, or provide such information to any private organizations. The City of Bryan does not collect information for commercial marketing.
Protection of Minors
We are especially concerned about protecting children’s privacy. We hope parents are involved in children’s Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are providing personal information on line. We specifically ask children to get their parents’ permission before providing any information on line — at our site or any other site — and recommend parents always be involved in those decisions. Most importantly, when children do provide information through the City of Bryan website, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer, and not to create profiles of children.
A cookie is a tiny piece of text that, with your permission, is placed on your computer’s hard drive. If your browser is set to notify you before accepting a cookie, you will receive a request for a cookie to be stored on your computer. This cookie, by itself, only tells us that a previous visitor has returned. It does not give us private information about you. You must, however, accept the cookie in order to access some applications on our website.
We want to be sure you understand that accepting a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you. We know that some citizens have concerns about cookies, but the benefit we both gain from their use is worthwhile.
This site may contain links to other sites. City of Bryan is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Thank you for visiting the City of Bryan website and reviewing our security policy. When you visit the City of Bryan website, we help you maintain control over your personal data.
Online Payments & Related Transactions
Providing you with a secure online experience is a high priority of the City of Bryan. We recognize that your information security is of the utmost importance, and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that your personal information is safeguarded.
Your online payment transactions are supported by industry-standard data encryption available through your browser called SSL encryption. These services are designed to ensure the privacy of your credit card information, name, address, email and other information you provide to us.
Please be aware that there is no refund or returns once you have completed your transaction. A payment in full will result in a “guilty” finding by the court and a conviction will appear on your driving record.
This site has security measures in place to protect from loss, misuse and alteration of the information to include data protected under HIPAA regulations.