Skip to main content

City of Bryan, Texas



facebook icon twitter icon instagram icon pinterest icon flickr icon youtube icon NextDoor icon

Risk Management

The Risk Management Department is responsible for design and administration of the City’s property and casualty insurance and self-insurance program, the property and casualty loss prevention program, the employee safety and health program the employee wellness program, and the insured and self-insured employee benefit program.

The department’s goal is to avoid, reduce, control, and finance loss that may arise from activities of the City.

The Risk Management  handles:

  • Employee health, dental, and life insurance benefits
  • Employee long-term disability and retirement benefits
  • Wellness Program
  • Employee injuries and Workers’ Compensation benefits
  • Safety and health of employees
  • Auto and General Liability claims filed against the City of Bryan
  • Subrogation of damages to City property
  • Review of City contracts for proper insurance
  • Protection of City property

Liability Claims

Risk Management processes all liability claims against the City of Bryan as well as all claims against individuals who have damaged City property. Claims are processed only after a claim form has been completed in full and submitted, along with either estimates of replacement cost or repairs, or a bill of receipt for the replacement of item(s) and/or for services rendered.

Liability forms may be faxed, mailed or e-mailed from the Risk Management office, or picked up in person at our office.