Our Goal: Maintaining customer confidence while providing responsive, caring services
The City of Bryan’s Facility Services Department’s purpose is to plan, direct, coordinate and manage an effective maintenance and custodial program for the city’s public buildings and park facilities. Our mission is to provide our customers and employees with an honest, courteous and responsive level of service where every Facilities team member is dedicated to servicing the city’s public facilities and parks with exceptional workmanship, integrity and a conscientious effort to maximize the city’s financial resources.
Parks Operations & Facility Services Manager
- Marcus Walker
- Kathy Yeager, Administrative Assistant
- Whitney Tasillo, Part-Time Regular Clerk
- Ed Hall, Maintenance Supervisor
- Kevin Hillestad, Maintenance Supervisor
- Tom Burgar, Service Supervisor
Please report any graffiti or maintenance issues within our city’s public buildings or parks to us by email at: FacilityWorkRequests@bryantx.gov
Our department is organized into three areas of responsibility:
- Facility Mechanical Maintenance
- Facility Non-Mechanical Maintenance
- Custodial Services
The department staff consists of:
- 1 Department Manager
- 1 Administrative Assistant
- 1 Part-Time Regular Office Clerk
- 2 Maintenance Supervisors
- 1 Service Supervisor
- 10 General Maintenance Technicians
- 2 Custodial Service Workers
- New playground at Henderson Park
- New playground at Bryan Regional Athletic Complex
- Municipal Office Building: Upgrades to the current elevators
- ADA remodel of restrooms / locker rooms at the Bryan Aquatics Center
- New playground surfacing to the middle playground at Austin’s Colony Park
On a daily basis, the Mechanical Maintenance Technicians are making sure that the estimated 15,000 light fixtures, 600 individual pieces of mechanical equipment, 650 tons of air conditioning, 12 back up generators, 1,200 plumbing fixtures, ball field lighting, and 3 pools are maintained and functional. They also maintain and make repairs to electronic management systems and electronic access/security control systems to the city’s public buildings.
Over the past years we have implemented a comprehensive preventive maintenance program which includes prescribed maintenance tasks being performed on a regular basis for each piece of equipment and pools thus extending the useful life of all equipment and preserving the large capital investment by the city. There have been many advances in technology regarding building automation systems over the past few years. The staff is up to date on the changes and our citizens can be proud knowing that we are working very hard to maintain all of these facilities in a state of the art manner with regard to energy efficiency and operational productivity.
Due to the size and specialized nature of some equipment within a few of our larger facilities, we currently use a contract with an outside mechanical contractor to perform those HVAC tasks that we cannot efficiently perform. We will experience long-term savings through this effort by our not having to add additional staff to handle these occasional demands. We use outside contractors to provide other services such as elevator maintenance and inspection due to licensing requirements to perform such tasks.
- Upgraded area and pavilion lighting to LED in several city parks in 2019
- HVAC Control upgrades to all city buildings in 2019
- Replaced the roof top HVAC at the Municipal Office Building in 2019
Our non-mechanical technicians remain busy maintaining all of the city’s parks, pavilions, walking trails, play ground unit construction/maintenance, buildings, furniture repairs, office and building remodels, painting, removing graffiti and doing various other non-mechanical jobs throughout the city.
- Repaint all basketball and park pavilions
- Complete remodel of the Municipal Service Center Building in 2019
- Repainted the Facility/Park Office Building in 2019
- Restriped all parking lots in all city parks in 2019
The duties include restroom care, carpet and hard surface floor care as well as all routine cleaning tasks. Our Custodial Staff is responsible for maintaining an estimated 218,500 sq. ft. of cleanable area. This is accomplished by using both City of Bryan personnel and outsourced cleaning personnel. Our employees take a lot of pride in their customer service and the appearance of the city owned facilities.