Information for City of Bryan Employees
Coronavirus / COVID-19
- COVID-19 Scenarios and Instructions for City of Bryan Employees
- COVID-19 Reporting Form
- COVID-19 Symptom Monitoring Log
- Coronavirus / COVID-19 Information (PDF)
City of Bryan recommendations based on CDC Guidelines
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act is effective April 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. Two main areas of the act include the Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Emergency Family & Medical Leave Expansion.
- Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the FFCRA
- Department of Labor Fact Sheet: FFCRA – Employee Expanded Family and Medical Leave Rights
Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
Provides two weeks paid sick leave for six specific reasons related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Employed 1 day and unable to work or telework
80 hours (Full-Time) / 40 hours (Part-Time)
- 100% of Regular Pay Rate (Reasons #1-3)
- 2/3 of Regular Pay Rate (Reasons #4-6)
- Remaining 1/3 will be supplemented by employee’s accrued leave (Sick, Floating Holiday, Vacation).
Reasons for Leave:
- Quarantine or Isolation Order (by Federal, State, Local Govt.)
- Self-Quarantine Advisement (by Healthcare Provider)
- Symptoms and Seeking Diagnosis (of COVID-19)
- Care of Individual under Quarantine or Isolation Order (by Federal, State, Local Govt.) – OR – Self-Quarantine Advisement (by Healthcare Provider)
- Care of Child (under 18) if school or place of care has been closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to a public health emergency (COVID-19 Pandemic)
- Experiencing substantially Similar Conditions (specified by Secretary of Health and Human Services)
Emergency Family & Medical Leave Expansion Act
Provides 12 weeks of leave to care for your child (under 18) if school or place of care has been closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to a public health emergency (COVID-19 Pandemic).
Employed 30 days and unable to work or telework
- Unpaid (Weeks #1-2)
*Paid leave will be supplemented by the Emergency Sick Leave Act (up to 53.25 hrs. [Full-time] and 26.5 hrs. [Part-Time]), followed by employee’s accrued leave (Sick, Floating Holiday, Vacation).
*If preferred otherwise, employee must contact Human Resources.
- 2/3 of Regular Pay Rate (Weeks #3-12)
Remaining 1/3 will be supplemented by employee’s accrued leave (Sick, Floating Holiday, Vacation).
- Complete FMLA Request-Notification Form
For further information or questions, please contact HR via email or:
- Teresa McGinnis at 209-5063
- Hannah Jackson at 209-5066
- Kari French at 209-5065
Employee Wellness Center
Family Medical Leave Act
- City of Bryan FMLA Request – Notification Form
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- FMLA Frequently Asked Questions
Fire Department Employees
HR Forms and Documents
- Complaint Form
- Outside or Self-Employment Notification Form
- City of Bryan Policy Manual
- Personal Information Update Form
- Employee-Initiated Separation Form
- Supervisor-Initiated Separation Form
HR Training and Talent Development
Reporting Fraudulent Unemployment Claims and Identity Theft
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Transparency Notice
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires insurers and group health plans to publish machine-readable files starting July 1, 2022. The files contain in-network rates and out-of-network allowed amounts.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.