On December 10, 2018, the Development Services Department welcomed a new team member – Staff Planner Katie Williams. Katie is a graduate of Indiana University with a bachelor’s degree in Geography and the University of Illinois at Chicago with a Master’s degree in Urban Planning and Policy. Her Master’s degree focus was on urban design […]
Planning and Development Services
Planning for the Future of Bryan
As Bryan continues to grow as a community, the City has to have plans in place to manage that growth and assure that new infrastructure and development fits in with the character and quality of life that make Bryan unique. That’s where long-range planning comes in. The City’s Comprehensive Plan, and specific area plans, provide a vision to guide Bryan’s growth and development for the near term and for years to come.
The Development Services department, which includes the Planning and Building Services groups, plays a vital role in maintaining the vitality of the City of Bryan. The department provides local citizens and development professionals with the information and support they need to expeditiously and safely design and build quality commercial and residential structures throughout the city.
- Maintenance and enforcement of all development related ordinances
- Ensuring that all construction occurs in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances, and building codes
- Issuing permits and licenses for construction, renovation, garage sales, vendors, solicitors, and signs
- Do I need a permit? / ¿Necesito Obtener un Permiso?
- Identifying and coordinating the demolition of dangerous structures
- Developing and implementing strategic plans for future growth and revitalization
- Work with appointed boards, commissions, and committees to ensure development related issues are resolved in an expedient and professional manner
News and Updates
Updated April 5, 2019
Office Hours Monday to Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Our main office is located at 300 S. Texas Ave., at the northwest corner of Texas Avenue and 29th Street in Bryan’s historic downtown.
|Kevin Russell||Director||(979) 209-5130|
|Martin Zimmermann, AICP||Assistant Director||(979) 209-5030|
|Randy Haynes, AICP||Senior Planner||(979) 209-5030|
|Lindsay Hackett||Staff Planner||(979) 209-5030|
|Allison Kay||Staff Planner||(979) 209-5030|
|Katie Williams||Staff Planner||(979) 209-5030|
|Karen Lahde||Plans Examiner||(979) 209-5030|
|Craig Tepera||Plans Examiner||(979) 209-5030|
|Megan Hancock||Development Technician||(979) 209-5030|
For general planning inquiries, please contact Planning Services.
|Cody Cravatt||Development Manager||(979) 209-5030|
|Greg Cox, CBO, CFM||Chief Building Official||(979) 209-5030|
|Charmaine McKinzie||Staff Assistant||(979) 209-5030|
|Marie Garcia||Dev. Services Representative||(979) 209-5010|
|Joy Teague||Dev. Services Representative||(979) 209-5010|
|Yajaira Rivera||Dev. Services Representative||(979) 209-5010|
|Jerry Fagan||Building Inspector||(979) 209-5010|
|Chris Mushinski||Building Inspector||(979) 209-5010|
|Joe Nuche||Building Inspector||(979) 209-5010|
|Derrick Williams||Building Inspector||(979) 209-5010|
|Nick Koski||Combination Building Inspector||(979) 209-5010|
|Weston Bustetter||Drainage Inspector||(979) 446-3046|
Building Inspectors are generally in the office from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. each working day.
For general building services inquiries, please contact Building Services.
- GIS Maps
- Comprehensive Plan
- Health and Wellness Area Plan
- Garage Sales
- Development Stats
- Planning and Development Application Status Updates
- Subdivision Plats
- Deadline Calendar
- Archived P and Z Agenda
- BioCorridor PD Ordinance
- Biocorridor Site Design Specifications
- Southwest Bryan Study
- Residential – Neighborhood Conservation (R-NC) Zoning Districts
The City of Bryan Development Services Department cares about our customers’ satisfaction and we want to know what you think about the service we provide.