Planning and Development Services
/ Planning and Development Services
Avoid Long Wait Times
In order to avoid long customer wait times, you are strongly encouraged to continue to contact staff by phone, email, and/or fax during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
No Cash Payments
The department is not accepting cash payments at this time. Credit card payments are accepted over the phone.
Planning and Development
Planning for Bryan’s Future
As Bryan continues to grow as a community, the City has to have plans in place to manage that growth and assure that new infrastructure and development fits in with the character and quality of life that make Bryan unique. That’s where long-range planning comes in. The City’s Comprehensive Plan, and specific area plans, provide a vision to guide Bryan’s growth and development for the near term and for years to come.
Who We Are, and What We Do
The Development Services Department, which includes the Planning and Building Services divisions, plays a vital role in maintaining the vitality of the City of Bryan. The department provides citizens and development professionals with the information and support they need to expeditiously and safely design and build quality commercial and residential projects in our city.
The mission of the Development Services Department is to provide quality customer services and education through teamwork and positive relationships to guide and promote development which helps build and maintain a valued community for current and future generations.
- Administration of development related ordinances:
- Ensuring that all construction occurs in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances, and building codes
- Issuing permits and licenses for construction, renovation, vendors, solicitors, and signs
- Identifying and coordinating the demolition of dangerous structures
- Developing and implementing strategic plans for future growth and revitalization
- Work with appointed boards, commissions, and committees to ensure development related issues are resolved in an expedient and professional manner
- Randy Haynes, AICP, Planning Administrator
- Allison Kay, AICP, Senior Planner
- Katie Williams, AICP, Senior Planner
- Isabel Martinez, Staff Planner
- Mitchell Cameron, Staff Planner
- Megan Hancock, CAP Permitting System Business Coordinator
- Charmaine McKinzie, CAP, Dev. Services Staff Assistant
- Paige Jackson, CAP, Dev. Services Staff Assistant
For general planning inquiries, please contact Planning Services.
- Joy Teague, Dev. Services Representative
- Yajaira Rivera, Dev. Services Representative
- Karen Rudasill, Dev. Services Representative
- Cheree Peters, Dev. Services Representative
- Kaylee Neuman, Dev. Services Representative
- Greg Cox, CBO, CFM, Chief Building Official
- Karen Lahde, Plans Examiner-Commercial
- Craig Tepera, Plans Examiner-Residential
- Kenny Johnson, Plans Examiner-Residential
- James Tinsley, Combination Building Inspector
- Jerry Fagan, Building Inspector
- Chris Mushinski, Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector (Part-time)
- Derrick Williams, Plumbing/Mechanical/Building Inspector
- Josh Hall, Electrical inspector
For general building services inquiries, please contact Building Services.
Hours / Directions
Bryan Municipal Office Building
300 S. Texas Avenue (First floor)
Bryan, TX 77803
- Office Hours:
Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
News and Updates
The City of Bryan Development Services Department cares about customer satisfaction and we want to know what you think about the service we provide.