The City of Bryan would like to introduce Lisa Miller as the City’s new Drainage Inspector. Lisa started her environmental compliance career in 2002 in the consulting industry, and then spent six years in municipal compliance with the City of Waco. Lisa has 17 years of experience working with the Construction General Permit and six […]
Planning and Development Services
Planning for the Future of Bryan
As Bryan continues to grow as a community, the City has to have plans in place to manage that growth and assure that new infrastructure and development fits in with the character and quality of life that make Bryan unique. That’s where long-range planning comes in. The City’s Comprehensive Plan, and specific area plans, provide a vision to guide Bryan’s growth and development for the near term and for years to come.
Who We Are, and What We Do
The Development Services department, which includes the Planning and Building Services groups, plays a vital role in maintaining the vitality of the City of Bryan. The department provides local citizens and development professionals with the information and support they need to expeditiously and safely design and build quality commercial and residential structures throughout the city.
- Maintenance and enforcement of all development related ordinances
- Ensuring that all construction occurs in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances, and building codes
- Issuing permits and licenses for construction, renovation, garage sales, vendors, solicitors, and signs
- Do I need a permit? / ¿Necesito Obtener un Permiso?
- Identifying and coordinating the demolition of dangerous structures
- Developing and implementing strategic plans for future growth and revitalization
- Work with appointed boards, commissions, and committees to ensure development related issues are resolved in an expedient and professional manner
- Kevin Russell
- Martin Zimmermann, AICP
- Randy Haynes, AICP, Senior Planner
- Lindsay Hackett, AICP, Project Planner
- Allison Kay, Staff Planner
- Katie Williams, Staff Planner
- Karen Lahde, Plans Examiner-Commercial
- Craig Tepera, Plans Examiner-Residential
- Lisa Miller, Drainage Inspector
- Megan Hancock, Dev. Services Technician
- Sarah Bergman, Dev. Services Technician
- Charmaine McKinzie, Dev. Services Staff Assistant
- Paige Jackson, Dev. Services Staff Assistant
For general planning inquiries, please contact Planning Services.
- Marie Garcia, Dev. Services Representative
- Joy Teague, Dev. Services Representative
- Yajaira Rivera, Dev. Services Representative
- Greg Cox, CBO, CFM, Chief Building Official
- Jerry Fagan, Building Inspector
- Kenny Johnson, Building Inspector
- Danny Sikorski, Building Inspector
- Chris Mushinski, Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector
- Joe Nuche, Electrical Inspector
- Derrick Williams, Plumbing/Mechanical/Building Inspector
- Nick Koski, Combination Building Inspector
Building Inspectors are generally in the office from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. each working day.
For general building services inquiries, please contact Building Services.
Hours / Directions
300 S. Texas Avenue,
Bryan, TX 77803
- Office Hours:
Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
News and Updates
- Planning and Development Services News
- Planning and Development Review Application Status Updates
Updated September 3, 2019
- GIS Maps (Streets, properties, addressing, planning and zoning, new development)
- Comprehensive Plan (BluePrint 2014)
- Monthly Building Reports
- Planning and Development Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Subdivision Plats
- Residential – Neighborhood Conservation (R-NC) Zoning Districts
- Midtown Area Plan
- Garage Sale Permits
The City of Bryan Development Services Department cares about our customers’ satisfaction and we want to know what you think about the service we provide.