On Friday, Sept.15, City of Bryan Planning staff members accepted the 2023 General Plan Award from the American Planning Association Texas Chapter’s Central Section.
Planning and Development Services
Online Permitting Now Available
The City of Bryan’s Development Services is making building permitting in Bryan easier through a new online platform.
The new platform allows our customers to take care of all their building permitting and business licensing needs, on a computer or mobile device, without needing to visit Bryan City Hall in person.
Customers have the ability to fill out applications and electronically attach any supporting documentation, review the status of applications, schedule building inspections, view inspection results, and pay fees online.
Planning and Development
- Phone: (979) 209-5030
- Fax: (979) 209-5035
- Email: email@example.com
Building Permits / Inspections
Who We Are, and What We Do
The Development Services Department, which includes the Planning and Building Services divisions, plays a vital role in maintaining the vitality of the City of Bryan. The department provides citizens and development professionals with the information and support they need to expeditiously and safely design and build quality commercial and residential projects in our city.
The mission of the Development Services Department is to provide quality customer services and education through teamwork and positive relationships to guide and promote development which helps build and maintain a valued community for current and future generations.
- Administration of development related ordinances:
- Chapter 62: Land and Site Development
- Chapter 98: Signs
- Chapter 110: Subdivisions
- Chapter 130: Zoning
- Ensuring that all construction occurs in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances, and building codes
- Issuing permits and licenses for construction, renovation, vendors, solicitors, and signs
- Identifying and coordinating the demolition of dangerous structures
- Developing and implementing strategic plans for future growth and revitalization
- Work with appointed boards, commissions, and committees to ensure development related issues are resolved in an expedient and professional manner
- Kevin Russell
- Martin Zimmermann, AICP
- Lauren Hovde, AICP
Chief Building Official
- Greg Cox, CBO, CFM
- Archived Meeting Agendas and Meeting Minutes
- Comprehensive Plan (BluePrint 2040)
- Garage Sale Regulations
- GIS Maps (Streets, properties, addressing, planning and zoning, new development)
- Long-Range Planning
- Midtown Area Plan
- Monthly Building Reports
- Residential – Neighborhood Conservation (R-NC) Zoning Districts
- Subdivision Plats
Hours / Directions
Bryan Municipal Office Building
300 S. Texas Avenue (First floor)
Bryan, TX 77803
- Office Hours:
Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
News and Updates
- Planning and Development Services News
- Planning and Development Review Application Status Updates
The City of Bryan Development Services Department cares about customer satisfaction and we want to know what you think about the service we provide.