Coming to Court: What to Expect at Municipal Court
Hours / Directions / Contact UsAddress:
401 S. Tabor Avenue
Bryan, Texas 77803
Phone: (979) 209-5400
Fax: (979) 731-1760
The Municipal Court office is open for business as follows:
- Monday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 4:55 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4:55 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:55 p.m.
Please note: Bryan Municipal Court telephones are not answered after 4:30 p.m. daily, or after 1 p.m. on Wednesday. Please call the following business day.
Court Security and Rules
Please note that you will pass through the court security check point, including metal detectors and x-ray machines. This could include random searches of strollers, bags, purses, briefcases and any other personal items as required by security personnel. These security measures are in place to ensure the safety of all persons who enter the courthouse.
The following items are prohibited in the Bryan Municipal Court Room and should be left in your vehicle:
- Cameras, tape recorders, or other mechanical recording devices
- Any type of weapons, including mace and tasers
- Any sharp objects, including knives, tweezers, screw drivers, knitting needles, crochet hooks, etc.
- Beverage containers or edibles
Pursuant to the authority of Art. 45.203(b) of the Texas Code of Criminal Regulations
- All persons appearing for court must be present in court at the time specified by the court or a failure to appear may be rendered on the late party
- All persons shall dress appropriately for all court proceedings
- Inappropriate attire includes:
- Pants that sag and/or expose undergarments
- Muscle shirts and tank tops
- Shorts of any type
- Clothing that is dirty or unsanitary
- Shoes shall be worn at all times
- No hats or sunglasses shall be worn in the courtroom
- Obscene language or images are prohibited