Youth Advisory Commission
The City of Bryan Youth Advisory Commission (YAC) serves as an advisor to the Bryan City Council. The commission is in place to provide a voice for the teen community and they will advise the council on issues affecting the youth within the City of Bryan. The commission will consist of members between the ages of 13-18 years of age who are interested in representing the teen community of Bryan and are enrolled in a public, private, parochial or home school within the boundaries of the City of Bryan. YAC members will assist in reducing problems relating to the city’s youth, while at the same time promoting positive growth and development.
“The Youth Advisory Commission will serve the City of Bryan by providing a voice for the teen community and will help to identify issues, communicate concerns and suggest possible ways for the City Council to take action pertaining to Bryan’s youth.”
YAC Membership Requirements
- 7th – 12th grade student enrolled in Bryan ISD, private or home school within the Bryan city limits.
- Be able to attend at least 80% of all Bryan YAC meetings, activities and events throughout the year.
- Be willing to help the community by participating in various events and volunteering to work service hours.
Why join the City of Bryan YAC?
- Have an opportunity to make a difference in your community.
- Develop lifelong connections and friends.
- Represent the YAC and the City of Bryan at various events.
- Make your voice and the voice of your fellow teens heard.
Want to Know More?
For more information on the Bryan Youth Advisory Commission, please contact the YAC Coordinator:
Phone: (979) 209-5416
Ready to make a difference?
You can fill out the online application here
you can print the PDF application and return it to the YAC coordinators by mail or fax:
Bryan Municipal Court
P.O. Box 1000
Bryan, TX 77805
Fax: (979) 731-1760