On Friday, Sept.15, City of Bryan Planning staff members accepted the 2023 General Plan Award from the American Planning Association Texas Chapter’s Central Section.
The City of Bryan’s Communications & Marketing Department was recently recognized on both a state and national level by several different organizations. This year, the department collectively won 27 state and national awards.
The department was honored with 13 national awards from the City-County Communications & Marketing Association (3CMA) in the annual Savvy Awards on Sept. 9, 2022:
- Savvy (first place) – Economic Development – Gameday Shuttle Marketing
- Savvy – Issue-Specific Website – 150th Anniversary Website
- Savvy – Electronic Report – Foundations of the Future, 2021 State of the City
- Savvy – One-Time Special Event, Population under 136,000 – 150th Anniversary
- Savvy – Graphic Design/Art, Population under 120,000 – 150th Anniversary Branding
- Silver Circle (second place) – Most Innovative – 150 Collection
- Silver Circle – Communications or Marketing Plan, Population under 84,000 – Gameday Shuttle
- Silver Circle – E-newsletters, Population over 82,000 – The Good Life E-newsletter
- Silver Circle – Branding/New Logo, Population under 130,000 – 150th Anniversary Branding
- Silver Circle – One-Time Special Programming, Population under 100,000 – Foundations of the Future Video
- Silver Circle – Best Campaign Use of Social Media, Population under 126,000 – 150th Anniversary Social Media Campaign
- Award of Excellence (third place) – Most Creative with Least Dollars Spent , Population over 61,000 – 150th Anniversary History Tours
The Savvy Awards are the national awards program that recognizes outstanding local government achievements in communications, public-sector marketing and citizen-government relationships. The Savvies salute skilled and effective city, county, agency or district professionals who have creatively planned and carried out successful innovations in communications and marketing. More than 650 entries from nearly 180 jurisdictions in 40 categories were received and judged by expert communicators from across the country.
Bryan’s Communications & Marketing Department was honored by the National Association of Government Web Professionals (NAGW) in their annual Pinnacle Awards on Sept. 9, 2022. The city’s 150th Anniversary website, 150.bryantx.gov, was honored in the following categories:
- Pinnacle Award (first place) – Digital Innovation and Engagement
- Members’ Choice Award Winner and Pinnacle Award Finalist – Microsite/Special Site Feature
- Members’ Choice Award Winner and Pinnacle Award Finalist – Custom Website
Bryan’s three awards tied for the most NAGW honors by any one jurisdiction. The Pinnacle Award for Excellence in Government Web Design recognizes the best city/county, federal and state websites across the country. Entries are judged on content, organization, design, performance, flexibility, accessibility, standards and interactivity. The Pinnacle Award for Excellence in Digital Innovation and engagement recognizes innovative digital programs, services or campaigns that are designed to engage users.
PTI Solutions Awards
The department was one of 11 agencies nationwide to be honored by the Public Technology Institute and CompTIA in their 2022 PTI Solutions Awards. Announced on July 8, 2022, the PTI Solutions Awards recognizes agencies that have developed or deployed innovative technology solutions that positively affected local government performance and service to the community.
The City of Bryan’s Communications & Marketing Department was honored as the winner in the Web Services, E-Government, Public Outreach and Mobile Apps (50,000 to 249,999) category for its 150th Anniversary Website and Digital Engagement Campaign.
The department was also honored with 10 awards from the Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers in the annual TAMI Awards on June 9, 2022:
- TAMI (first place) – Regular or Recurring Program, Population Under 100,000 – The Good Life Video News
- TAMI – Special or One-Time Program, Population Under 100,000 – Foundations of the Future
- TAMI – Best Use of Social Media (Planned), Population Under 100,000 – 150th Anniversary Social Media Campaign
- TAMI – Electronic Newsletter or Magazine, The Good Life
- TAMI – Electronic Report, State of the City Report: Foundations of the Future
- TAMI – Website, 150th Anniversary Website
- TAMI – Best Marketing Plan or Campaign, Population Under 100,000, Bryan Gameday Shuttle
- TAMI – Innovation, The 150 Collection
- TAMI – Best One-Time Event, 150th Anniversary of Incorporation
- Award of Honor (third place) – Best Use of a Promotional Item, 150th Anniversary Postcards
With these awards, the Bryan Communications Team set a new TAMIO record by winning nine first-place awards in a single year. The TAMI Awards are the statewide awards program that recognizes the best communications outreach in local government organizations in Texas. More than 450 entries were received, and entries were judged by communications experts in the California Association of Public Information Officers.