Through the downtown Bryan paint program, downtown business owners are provided up to $2,000 each in grant money to improve the condition and appearance of their property. Assistance will be provided on a first come, first serve basis to eligible and ready applicants. All assistance is limited based on availability of funding. This program may not be combined with other Community Development loan programs. Eligibility requirements are listed below. To apply, contact Community Development.
1. The applicant must be the owner of record for the building.
2. All taxes must be current on the property.
3. There may be no liens on the building other than first mortgage notes.
4. The business must be located between Texas Ave. and Parker Ave., MLK and 29th St.
5. The owner must submit an application and complete an approval process.
6. Historical Commission approval is required for properties in the historical downtown district.
Below is a step by step explanation of the Downtown Bryan Paint Program application process.
1. Applicant requests and receives an application.
2. Building is inspected for additional work needs prior to owner filling out application.
3. Application, "before" photos and three competitive bids are submitted.
4. Visual inspection of the property is conducted if it is in the historical downtown district.
5. Application is approved.