Residential Trash Collection
Trash collection guidelines
- Place your container curbside no later than 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, or the night before.
- Bag your trash to prevent wind-blown litter as we service it and to keep your container clean.
- Please place your container at least five feet away from mailboxes, parked vehicles, low wires and limbs, and other obstructions to prevent service interruptions.
- The arrows on your container lid should be facing the street when set out for collection.
- At no time should surplus garbage or items be placed in front of, on top, or beside your container.
Do not place these items in your trash container:
- Construction debris, remodeling and demolition materials
- Dirt, sod, brush or rock
- Hot ashes or flammable materials such as oil, gas or paint
- Furniture and appliances
- Household chemicals and electronics
Solid Waste crews work from 7 a.m – 5 p.m. If it is your collection day and you believe you have been missed, please wait until the next day to report your missed collection. All residential customers have 24 hours after their collection day to report a missed collection. You may report the missed collection online or via phone at (979) 209-5900.
- To request additional containers, you can do so online or by calling (979) 209-5900. A monthly service charge of $6 for each additional container will be added to your bill.
- If you are paying for an additional container and would like to cancel, this can be done online or by calling (979) 209-5900.
For container repairs, please fill out our online request form, or call (979) 209-5900.
Container Roll-out Assistance Program
The City of Bryan provides container roll-out assistance for qualified households. To qualify for this service, residents must be prepared to provide a note from their physician to the Solid Waste Department stating that are unable to pull their container to and from the curb. Please download a Service Request Application or call (979) 209-5900 to start the process.
This information may be mailed or faxed to the Solid Waste Department:
- Bryan Solid Waste Department
P.O. Box 1000
Bryan, TX 77805
Fax: (979) 209-5959
Once approved, a roll-out sticker will be placed on your container and your contact information will be added to our roll-out service list. Please make sure that your container is accessible on your day of collection.
For more information, please email Waste Collection or call (979) 209-5900.
The city retains ownership of trash containers. Residents should contact the Solid Waste Department when they move away, or move to another residence within the Bryan city limits, so containers can be picked up and billing records can be updated.