Police Entrance Exam Information
Police Officer (Non-Certified or Certified)
The City of Bryan is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer (Non-certified or Certified.)
- Application Deadline: Friday, October 8, 20211
- Written Exam Date / Time: Friday, October 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. (check in time is from 8:15-8:45 a.m.)
- (Note: For those who successfully pass the written exam, the Physical Agility Test will be immediately following.)
- Location: Brazos County Expo Center; 5827 Leonard Rd; Bryan, TX
- View the Application Process
The Application Process
Please ensure that you have completed the following steps in order to test for Police Officer:
Step 1: Download Information Packet
This packet contains important information on the Bryan Police Department, the application/hiring process, minimum standards and qualifications for the position, salary information, and a map to the testing site.
Step 2: Download Study Guide
You may download a free study guide for the exam. The study guide will also be sent to you in the confirmation email after you have officially applied.
Step 3: For those with prior military service
If you received an honorable discharge from the Armed Services of the United States, you must furnish a copy of your DD-214 Form by the application deadline in order to receive an additional five (5) points added to your final score, should you pass the written examination. DD-214 Forms will not be accepted at the exam site for the additional points.
You may submit your DD-214 by the application deadline in one of the following ways:
- Attach a scanned copy to your online application.
- Email it to the Human Resources Department.
- Fax it to (979) 209-5059. (If faxing documents, please confirm they were received)
Step 4: Apply online
You must complete an online City of Bryan Application by the application deadline. You will receive an online confirmation number upon successfully submitting your application. You will also receive a confirmation email from Human Resources within a week of submitting your application.
Important: For those who may have previously applied with the City of Bryan, please ensure your application is up-to-date, including all work history, prior to submitting your application to the posting for Police Officer.
Questions about the application process may be directed to Human Resources at (979)209-5064/email.
Questions specifically about the Bryan Police Department or required certification may be directed to Sergeant Jon Agnew at (979) 209-5307/e-mail.