The City of Bryan permits certain recyclers to offer curbside recycling to the residents of Bryan. These programs are separate from city services, and associated fees are paid directly to the recycling hauler by those residents who wish to participate in a curbside program. For more information or details on service fees, please contact one of these permitted vendors:
Used Oil and Tire Recycling Center
The City of Bryan’s Used Oil and Tire Recycling Center allows Bryan residents to properly dispose of used oil, filters, cooking grease and tires from residential use, free of charge.
Please note: Tires and oils generated from commercial or industrial use will not be accepted.
- Location: 1111 Waco St.
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.;
Saturday: 8 a.m. – noon.
- Upon arrival: Enter from Waco Street and remain in your vehicle until an attendant is able to assist you. You may be required to show proof that you are a Bryan resident/solid waste residential customer (driver’s license, BTU bill, etc.)
- You may bring up to eight used tires per visit.
- Tires will be unloaded and collected by city staff members.
- Accepted materials include:
- Used passenger tires
- Light- and medium-duty tires (off rim only).
- Tractor-trailer, heavy equipment, or tires generated from commercial or industrial use will not be accepted.
Used Oil Recycling
- You may bring up to five gallons of used motor oils, filters and cooking oils/grease per visit.
- Residents will be directed to dispose of their oil at the do-it-yourself oil recycling center.
- When transporting used oil, please place it in a secure container that may be emptied and reused for future recycling.
- Restaurant cooking oils, used oils/filters from mechanic shops, and industrial oils will not be accepted.
Twin Oaks Landfill
Household Hazardous Waste
The Brazos Valley Solid Waste Agency (BVSWMA), with the cities of Bryan and College Station, holds a Household Hazardous Waste collection each spring and fall.
Used Motor Oil and Oil Filters
The Twin Oaks Landfill also accepts used motor oil and oil filters. The service is free and is available during normal business hours.