Fire Entrance Exam Information
Firefighter (Non-certified or Certified)
The City of Bryan is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter (Non-certified or Certified.)
- Application Deadline: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Written Exam Date / Time: Friday, October 14, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. (check in time is from 8:15-8:45 a.m.)
(Note: For those that pass the written exam, the date of the Physical Fitness Assessment will be announced at a later date.)
- Location: Brazos County Expo Center; 5827 Leonard Rd; Bryan, TX
- View the Application Process and Apply
The Application Process
To apply, you must complete the following steps: (Please be sure to read through all the steps before proceeding.)
Step 1: Apply Online
You must complete an online City of Bryan Application by the application deadline listed above. You may view the complete description and apply for this position by clicking here and selecting “Apply to this Posting”.
You will receive an online confirmation number upon successfully submitting your application. You will also receive a confirmation email from Human Resources within one week of submitting your application.
Important: For those who may have previously applied with the City of Bryan, please ensure your application is up-to-date, including all work history, prior to submitting your application to the posting for Firefighter. If you have questions about this position or application process, please contact Human Resources at (979) 209-5064.
Step 2: Download Information Packet
This packet contains important information on the Bryan Fire Department and the application/hiring process, minimum standards and qualifications for the position, salary information, and a map to the testing site.
Step 3: Download Study Guide
This study guide will also be sent to you in the confirmation email mentioned in Step 1.
Step 4: Submit Certification (if certified)
No certification is required; however, if you are certified as a Firefighter and/or as an EMT or Paramedic you must submit a copy of these certifications (or proof of certification) at the time of application in order to receive additional points to your final score if you pass the exam.
There are four ways in which you can submit your certifications:
- You can attach these documents to your online application. (It will allow for PDF attachments during the application process, prior to the final submittal.)
- You can email these documents to the Human Resources Department.
- You can fax the documents to (979) 209-5059. (If faxing documents, please confirm they were received)
- You can drop the documents off in person at the Human Resources Department, City of Bryan Municipal Building, 300 S. Texas Ave., Bryan, TX 77803.
Your application is considered incomplete until these documents are received, so please turn them in ASAP.
Step 5: For those with prior military service
For applicants with military service, in order to receive an additional five (5) points added to your final score if you pass the exam, you must show proof of an honorable discharge (i.e. DD-214 if Veteran) or provide a letter from your current unit command authority attesting to your honorable service (if Active Service Member). You must provide your documentation by the application deadline. Documentation and DD-214 Forms will not be accepted at the exam site for the additional points.
You may submit your DD-214 by the application deadline in one of the following ways:
- Attach a scanned copy to your online application
- Email it to the Human Resources Department.
- Fax it to (979) 209-5059. (If faxing documents, please confirm they were received)