The Palasota Drive Phase I Reconstruction Project is scheduled to begin the week of Jan. 18, 2021. Bridge reconstruction at Cottonwood Branch (West of Bridge Meadow) and at Tributary 5 (West of Groesbeck) will prevent East – West through traffic between West 28th Street and Beck; and between Beck and Groesbeck.
The City of Bryan’s Public Works and Fire Departments have a few reminders when it comes to your Christmas trees.
Decorating your Christmas tree is always a lot of fun each year, but families should keep the following tips in mind to keep everyone in the family safe around Christmas trees.
- Natural Christmas trees can present a fire danger if it is too dry, as dry trees can burn quickly, leaving little time to escape.
- When purchasing a natural tree, cut 2 inches off the trunk before placing it in water.
- Keep a constant supply of water in the stand. Natural trees can “drink” a lot of water, especially when first set up.
- Keep any heat sources away from the tree.
- Don’t use candles on a live Christmas tree.
- Use only UL-listed light strings, if you decorate the tree with lights
Once the holiday are over, Bryan Public Works wants to help by picking up your tree at curbside at no charge! Place your Christmas tree at the curb on your regularly scheduled Brush & Bulky service day. Be sure the tree has been cleaned of all decorations, lights, tinsel, and metal and plastic stands.