Bryan children now have another option to enjoy the outdoors in Bryan – and several more are on their way. A new playground at Sadie Thomas Park, 129 Moss St., opened to the public on Friday, Jan. 14. The new playground structure is manufactured by Miracle Recreation Equipment and replaced two smaller units to create […]
The City of Bryan’s Public Works and Fire Departments have a few reminders when it comes to your Christmas trees.
Decorating your Christmas tree is always a lot of fun each year, but families should keep the following tips in mind to keep everyone in the family safe around Christmas trees.
- Natural Christmas trees can present a fire danger if it is too dry, as dry trees can burn quickly, leaving little time to escape.
- When purchasing a natural tree, cut 2 inches off the trunk before placing it in water.
- Keep a constant supply of water in the stand. Natural trees can “drink” a lot of water, especially when first set up.
- Keep any heat sources away from the tree.
- Don’t use candles on a live Christmas tree.
- Use only UL-listed light strings, if you decorate the tree with lights
Once the holiday are over, Bryan Public Works wants to help by picking up your tree at curbside at no charge! Place your Christmas tree at the curb on your regularly scheduled Brush & Bulky service day. Be sure the tree has been cleaned of all decorations, lights, tinsel, and metal and plastic stands.