- Wellness Homepage
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Employee Health Center
- Wondr Health
- Wellness Activities
- Healthy Eating
The City of Bryan is happy to offer the Wondr Health Program (formerly Naturally Slim) to employees and dependents on the city’s health insurance plan.
This is an effective weight loss program based on learning new skills about when and how to eat, not dieting. The Wondr Health Program is taught by a host of wellness professionals and can be accessed via computer, tablet or smartphone. A new class will be starting soon!
Wondr Health FAQ
How does the Wondr Program work?
The most effective clinical weight loss programs in the world are based on learning new skills about when and how to eat, not dieting. It is an online program that starts with twelve sessions of skill-building in the Wondrskills portion of the program. Each week you will have access to 30-45 minute video lessons. Additionally, you have a dashboard to track your weight loss progress as well as tips and tools to keep you motivated and allow you to communicate with coaches and other participants. After the first twelve sessions, you will move into the Wondrup and you will practice and build on foundational skills to prevent weight regain. Once you’ve mastered those skills you will move into Wondrlast which helps you maintain progress and keep the weight off with weekly episodes on participantsrequested and seasonal topics based on the latest research.
Who teaches Wondr?
Wondr’s online curriculum is taught by a team of clinical experts who are the same doctors and clinicians who created the program. Wondr Health team is made up of clinical psychologists, physicians, chefs, nutrition experts, and exercise experts. This team isn’t just the leading experts in their respected fields, they also bring an unmatched understanding of how to use behavioral teaching methods to keep you engaged and how to make the biggest impact for a healthier you.
How does the Wondr Program work?
Wondr treats the root cause of obesity and chronic diseases, it focuses on a science based method that changes activity behaviors and is highly personalized for you. More specifically, it:
- Fights metabolic syndrome by focusing on weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Enables you to develop a lifestyle of eating your favorite foods while improving health and losing weight.
- Teaches you to identify personal eating habits, recognize the difference between true hunger and psychological hunger, understand how hydration habits influence hunger, and practice ways to minimize fat storage.
- Addresses how exercise, stress, and your environment affect weight loss.
- Includes a year long 100% digital, on the go experience broken up into three phases that build upon each other regardless of demographics, cultures, eating preference, of lifestyles.
Who is eligible for the Wondr Health Program?
To be eligible for the Wondr Health Program:
- You must be a full-time employee or spouse covered by the City of Bryan’s medical plan (Blue Cross Blue Shield) as of January 1, 2022. When applying you must have your Blue Cross Blue Shield Card available as you will be asked to enter your identification number.
- Have internet access (program can be accessed via computer, tablet or smartphone).
How are applicants selected to participate in the Wondr program?
Wondr program professionals (not the City of Bryan) select participants based on a pre-determined criteria and a willingness to meet all program requirements as outlined below. You will be notified of your application status via email.
- Submit the online application and sign all appropriate releases by the deadline of January 30, 2022.
- The online application can be found here: www.wondrhealth.com/Bryan
- Agree to complete 8 of the online video courses from Wondr Health within the set weekly time frames.
- Complete a survey after completing the program.
What is the cost for the program?
There is no out of pocket cost to you for the Wondr Health Program. It is offered to you as a benefit at the City of Bryan and is covered at 100% under the Affordable Care Act. You must be enrolled in the City’s health plan and must have your Blue Cross Blue Shield card available when applying.
Is my information confidential?
Absolutely! The information you provide to Wondr Health is considered confidential and will be available only to you and the Wondr Health Program Professionals conducting and evaluating the program. The City of Bryan will not have access to your personal health information. The City of Bryan Risk Management Department will receive aggregate participation reports only for administration of billing processes. Wondr Health cannot sell or otherwise divulge any participant to any unauthorized party.
Why does the application ask for my shipping address?
Once enrolled and accepted, you will be mailed a welcome kit with items to help you on your journey. Please use your home address. Do not have the kit sent to your work address.
If you have any other questions, contact Michael Stires at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (979) 209-5054.