- Scheduling an escort
- Making changes to an escort request
- Minimum number of officers
- Escort driving etiquette
Request a police escort here ⇨
Contact infoEscort coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.orgBryan Police Dispatch
Funeral escorts not available during Texas A&M home football games
Due to staffing requirements, funeral escorts will not be available during Texas A&M University home football games. These time periods begin three hours prior to the start of the home football games and continue through three hours after the completion of the game.
Police escort service policies and procedures
Scheduling an escort
More than 24 hours before escort start time:
- Complete the online escort request form and PayPal billing. An escort request must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the escort or it is NOT guaranteed to be filled.
- A credit card/debit card is required to submit the online escort request. PayPal accepts MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
Less than 24 hours before escort start time:
- If the request is needed with less than 24 hours notice, you MUST submit the online request form and call Bryan Police Dispatch at 979.361.3888 to notify them of the escort request and that it is last minute. Any escort request that ends up not being filled will be refunded to the applicant through PayPal.
- If the online form cannot be submitted for some sort of technical reason, email email@example.com with all of the required information and explain the reason for not submitting through the online form. You will receive an email reply advising you that we have received your escort request information.
- If there is a problem with the payment, you must contact PayPal to resolve the issues. If the issue cannot be immediately resolved, you need to contact the Escort Coordinator to make payment arrangements or the escort may not be filled.
- Do not call or text the escort phone number, or leave a message, and expect an escort to be scheduled. The escort phone number is not monitored at all times.
More than 24 hours before escort start time:
- If a change needs to be made more than 24 hours before the originally scheduled escort start time, please email the escort coordinator with the information to be changed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a contact name and phone number in the email.
Less than 24 hours before escort time:
- If the escort time or location needs to be changed within 24 hours of the originally scheduled escort start time, please contact the Bryan Police Dispatch at 979.361.3888 with the changes AND send an email to the escort coordinator at email@example.com. Police Dispatch will then contact the escort coordinator and let them know of any changes.
- Any time changes made within 24 hours of the originally scheduled escort start time are not guaranteed. You may be billed for additional time.
- Do not submit an additional internet form to change a previously submitted form. Do not call or text the escort phone number with changes to an escort. You must email changes and/or call Police Dispatch at 979.361.3888
Minimum number of officers
Please note: All escorts entering or leaving the College Station city limits require a four officer minimum.
Escorts involving procession of cars (funeral escorts, dignitary escorts, etc.)
- One – 20 vehicles – two officers
- 21 – 40 vehicles – three officers
- More than 40 vehicles – four officers
- The escort coordinator or escort team may add additional officers to account for large escorts, route, or other circumstances.
Oversized load escort (houses, large machinery/equipment, etc.)
- Minimum of three officers for one vehicle.
- Other officers may be summoned on a case-by-case basis.
- Please email a copy of the oversize permit to the escort coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for final approval.
- The credit card will be charged prior to the escort date and is subject to additional charges if more officers are needed and/or the escort time exceeds two hours. The escort coordinator or on-duty supervisor may summon more officers due to extenuating circumstances.
- If addition billing is required, a bill will be mailed requesting the additional funds.
- The billing rate is $70 per hour for each officer, and a two-hour time minimum. (Minimum total cost: $280)
Escort driving etiquette
- It is the responsibility of the funeral home to advise all involved in the escort to turn on headlights and emergency flashers during the escort. This makes it easier for the officers to identify those vehicles involved in the escort.
- The officers conducting the escort determine the speed. This will depend on traffic and road conditions. Please pay attention to the officers and obey their requests. Safety of the procession is the primary concern and full cooperation with the escorting officers is greatly appreciated.
- The funeral home lead driver will always stay in the right-most lane unless otherwise instructed by an officer. This allows the left lane to be safely used by the officers.
- The lead vehicle shall follow five-to-six car lengths behind the lead police vehicle assuming this police vehicle is setting a static speed. This does not apply if the lead police vehicle leaves the group to cover an intersection. When this occurs, the lead funeral home vehicle shall maintain the same speed previously set.